New AOI UWL-03 Pro Wide Angle Correction lens for Action Cameras

I just saw it on FB.

We will get more info in the next few days, I guess.

What's the difference from current one?

the standard UWL-03 has a polycarbonate outer dome. This model has an optical glass outer dome which is much more resistant to scratches and wear. It also has AR coatings on the inside of the dome, which helps prevent internal reflections against lens elements, especially when shooting shallow and into the sun at dawn or dusk.

May be an image of text

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Davide DB said:

It's important to stay focused and not get distracted for a second 🙂

Wow - already better late than never I guess!

Action cams have really taken programmed obsolescence to another level.

10 hours ago, canislupus said:

Damm, I just bought a regular UWL-03 and didn’t tried on the water yet. 😅

Same same - just tried it once for tests - had I known, I would have held back as I plan to use it in the shallows in a few months...

Ah well, I'll have to make do with my AOI lens which can scratch easily and reflects in the shallows or shooting into the sun  then... 😅

Edited by bghazzal

5 minutes ago, hellhole said:

well ... at least its cheaper than the inon ones

I did not see the price for the new model, but I see a PRO in the name, usually it means a bump in the price, waiting for news

• Like 2

About the price, I bet it will double the UWL-03.

Also, although it is true that a glass dome is much more resistant to scratches, it is also much more difficult to polish when you get one.

I found also quite heavy the original lens.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elvandar said:

I did not see the price for the new model, but I see a PRO in the name, usually it means a bump in the price, waiting for news

oh yes definitely  - I drooled over the AOI Pro closeup diopters, especially their +18.5 and +23.5, which are really nice, but had to gave up because of the price tag, and still holding on to my non-pro AOI UCL-09 (catchy name) +12.5, which is now discontinued...

Edited by bghazzal

Full specifications of the AOI UWL-03 PRO lens for Action cameras

https://www.aoi-uw.com/products/wet-lenses/aoi-uwl-03pro.html

Good news is that it's just 23 grams heavier than the previous version (still in production)

Bad news is a little bird told me that it will costs about 450€.

But it's made of glass: 4 Elements in 4 Groups. All Glass Elements with Multi-layers AR Coating. Optical Grade Glass Dome Lens with Inner Surface Multi-layers AR Coating

• Thanks for your support

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.