Skip to content

Hello from Colorado!

Featured Replies

I’ve been diving for about 30 years off-and-on; I’ve always loved photography and have dabbled in underwater photography with a GoPro Hero 3 (yes it’s old) and an Olympus Tough TG-2 (also old but works like a champ in less than 50 feet of water). Recently bought a SeaLife SportDiver Ultra case for my iPhone 15 Pro Max as well as a SeaLife Sea Dragon 3000F Color Boost light. I used it this past week with TimG on my dives in St. Maarten with Ocean Explorers (got my PADI Underwater Photography cert!); still learning but mostly want to work on color intensity (i.e. how bright to make the light for certain photos), underwater white balance, RAW post-processing, underwater landscape photography which I know doesn’t work well with the limited effective distance of a light, and improving my macro photography with a light. Especially open to mentorship on the SeaLife equipment and recommendations on the next steps for upgrading to more effective equipment. Grateful for a community in which I can receive mentorship and trade stories - thanks!

Ultralight Control Systems
  • Author

Thanks, Rich! Yes Tim is a good ambassador. 🙂

  • Author

Thanks Tim! I will check out the compact systems section.

Welcome aboard @DavidM Lotta knowledge hereabouts. I feel like a rookie here much of the time, like when I was a photography intern at The Denver Post.

Hey @DavidM

Welcome from me and thanks for sharing your stories. There's never anything wrong with shooting with and still using older kit, I have my underwater work captured with compacts at my studio with kit I used back in 2004 with my Olympus 5050!

Congrats on your PADI DUP. Tim's a great photographer and what a fabulous place to learn!

I started my underwater smartphone photography with a Sealife SportDiver Housing which I loved and it gave me some amazing results.

Happy to help if I can and look forward to seeing your images and more of your adventures!

Maria

You can see my Smartphone Gallery which I'm starting to build here:

https://oceanvisionsphotography.co.uk/smartphone-underwater-images

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.