Skip to content

Wetpixel is Down!

Featured Replies

Backscatter

Up for me as well, there was someone still posting until yesterday...

1 hour ago, Chris Ross said:

It was certainly down when I checked.and showing as being on hold in whois, maybe it was switching domain provider at the time.

It was offline for me as well after I saw your message. I checked and the domain registration expiration was May 14th, yesterday. Probably something to do with that boundary.

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just clicked on Wetpixel for the first time in weeks and it does not seem to be responding. Anyone else able to bring it up?

down here in Japan as well...

Error code: PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

Edited by bghazzal

Down for me, too. I hope someone has saved the site data or that it has been properly archived somehow.

“Eric Cheng, who ran Wetpixel through its glory years, recently downloaded the entire site and being a software whizz, set about creating an extensive Wetpixel Wiki to chart the history of Wetpixel and the first 20 years of digital underwater photography.”

The History of UW Photography

As Troporobo says - Eric did download the entire site (although had to use someone else's login as Adam banned him). Hopefully more can be done in the future with all the amazing knowledge and advice that accumulated there over 25 years.

  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, nickrileyuk said:

Does anyone know what happened to Wetpixel?

Yes

Do a Google search for these four words: Adam Hanlon Wetpixel Thief.

I, and I am sure others, have no desire to revisit the whole thing here.

5 hours ago, JohnD said:

Yes

Do a Google search for these four words: Adam Hanlon Wetpixel Thief.

I, and I am sure others, have no desire to revisit the whole thing here.

Good riddance to Hanlon, same about Wetpixel.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.