Greetings from scuba paradise, Baltimore!

JoshH

Hello everyone. Long time ocean enthusiasts, short time diver and GoPro geek. Looking forward to enjoying and learning from all of your posts. 

Where is everyone diving in 2024? My first trip is Akumal for cenotes and some reefs in January. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, RichN said:

Welcome aboard Josh, Glad you made it 🤙🏽

GoPro Geek?!?  Josh, you are just the guy we are looking for!

We’re really keen to get a section going on GoPros. We’ve got high end FF, DX, M43 covered but not so far GoPros.

Would you like to have a go at an article? Your experience with GoPros and what you learned? Tips, Tricks, Traps? That would e brilliant!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TimG said:

GoPro Geek?!?  Josh, you are just the guy we are looking for!

We’re really keen to get a section going on GoPros. We’ve got high end FF, DX, M43 covered but not so far GoPros.

Would you like to have a go at an article? Your experience with GoPros and what you learned? Tips, Tricks, Traps? That would e brilliant!

Hi Tim, I could give it a shot I guess. I've never written a technical article but I'd be happy to describe some of my experiences with it. I'm still trying to figure out what works best with the setup I have and every trip is a lesson. I suspect that's probably how it is for everyone here. 

I just ordered the Backscatter Sharp Wide lens and I'll be using it in Mexico for the first time in January. Perhaps a breakdown of the results afterwards?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Josh. It doesn’t need to be a technical article. More, I think, your experience, what you’ve found works well and what doesn’t. Pose questions, seek answers. What don’t you understand? What would you like to improve?  

After Mexico? Sure, whatever you’d be comfortable with, what lessons you drew and where it left you. 

That would be brilliant!

• Like 1