Fiberglass connector

A very small and simple  fiberoptic connector who take a few minutes to build with a 3D printer.

image.png.c7ed75459e262aee4fece481f2dc0989.png

image.png.205de1f8e47ba2d22f3645628a1a3cdc.png

and the STL file 

Embout-FO_03.stl

Hope it can help someone.

If you have question don't hesiate to ask.

Edited by CaolIla
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, CaolIla said:

The rubber piece come from an old connection I reuse it. But not on all part I use. I had only 2 rubber piece...
You can use the connector without 

No, I don't think so. The plastic connector will not stay in place without something like an o-ring or rubber bushing. The rubber parts you are reusing are proprietary to your specific brand of cables. What I see in your photo are in no way common or universal across cables or housings. Does your housing have a rubber bushing or connector built in? Also not common or universal.

Edited by Dave_Hicks

2 hours ago, Dave_Hicks said:

No, I don't think so. The plastic connector will not stay in place with something like an o-ring or rubber bushing. The rubber parts you are reusing are proprietary to your specific brand of cables. What I see in your photo are in no way common or universal across cables or housings. Does your housing have a rubber bushing or connector built in? Also not common or universal.

It's a standard "INON" hole on the side of the housing. and no problem it stay on place.
The cables are standards I bought in the past... but the connector was broken.. that's the reason I build new one 

I try first make "complex" design...  but the simpliest ist at the end the best... 

If the hole for the cable ist to big you can increase the density of the print you will reduce the hole... and the cable will stay on place

58 minutes ago, FrancoisC said:

TPU can also be a good choice for this kind of connectors.

Yeah. I posted at article with a design for TPU based plugs. Two designs. 90 degree elbow connector with TPU tip. 180 degree straight connector 100% TPU.

• Like 1

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.