Float arm construction in 3D printing

Hi, one of my best conception 

image.png.c88c5d44862a9c3369a77205cad86612.png

I build 2 big arm to compensate the weight of my aluminium housing, the 2 lights bigblue and the 2 flash... at the pictures you see my old S2000 but now  since 1 an 1/2 year I have 2 retra pro

3D model
image.png.a213a091fdb7a6d6a5611b3982073d87.png

image.png.388f402c8e57a7b82fc9ea9796801649.png

Edited by CaolIla
  • Like 1

Hope this will give you some idea.

I made some new floating arm, but I 'don't have any picture.

The new one have the same shape but ... I build a tube to put the fiberoptic cable from the bottom to the top.... no more  risk 

Next step ist to make the same with the arms where I attached the flashs.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I made 3d print design of a modular set of float blocks that fit over ULCS arms.

They work but are not better than high density foam blocks which I already have. They are more buoyant, but they also weigh more than foam out of water. It was really more of an experiment in making a water tight print, but not good enough that I use them.

• Thanks 1

My idea was to have only the arms nothing else...  a minimum of components 

I'm happy with my solution . but now that I can print in PETG I will try make gain on the side of the weight.

The idea is to make a thin external structur and recover with carbon fiber and epoxy. 

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.