Trouble with used camera seller.

Tobyone

I have purchased used cameras from KEH and B&H with exceptional satisfaction .

Just purchased a camera from MPB. Payed using PayPal. MPB is shipping to billing address not shipping address

They would not let me corrective address or cancel the order. Bad business practice. The camera will now be delivered to a

high porch theft area. If the camera is not delivered I will have to jump through many hoops to correct this

Could have been easily corrected after chatting  with minutes of placing order. I do not recommend MPB.

I don't know the details of the transaction but reading "shipping and billing address" reminded me of an incident I almost stumbled upon myself years ago.
Some fraudulent buyers ask for goods to be shipped to an address other than the one registered on the Paypal, Ebay or credit card account. It's a classic scam. If you Google 'billing shipping address paypal' a lot of results come up.
In practice, IIRC, paypal & co. only insure products shipped to the registered address of the credit card on which the account is based. If you ship to a different address and even if you have a delivery receipt and the buyer opens a dispute, paypal does not protect you.
This is why some sellers have restrictive policies on shipping addresses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Davide DB said:

I don't know the details of the transaction but reading "shipping and billing address" reminded me of an incident I almost stumbled upon myself years ago.
Some fraudulent buyers ask for goods to be shipped to an address other than the one registered on the Paypal, Ebay or credit card account. It's a classic scam. If you Google 'billing shipping address paypal' a lot of results come up.
In practice, IIRC, paypal & co. only insure products shipped to the registered address of the credit card on which the account is based. If you ship to a different address and even if you have a delivery receipt and the buyer opens a dispute, paypal does not protect you.
This is why some sellers have restrictive policies on shipping addresses.

That's good to know. Thanks

• 6 months later...

Sorry for your bad experience with that seller. It seems that the costumer service for many companies has downgrade massively in the last few years everywhere, and they only care about the monthly numbers and not the future potential clients. It's ironic because both are directly connected but companies does not seem to see it. 

I hope you get your delivery safely. 

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.