sony 28-60 zoom gear/knob

Does anyone know if there is a Nauticam port solution for sony28-60 and wwl-1 without the focus knob?

I just purchased the 28-60 and N100 flatport 45 with focus knob, after years of using the 28mm.

I thought the focus knob on the port was for zooming the lens, but as it works with the zoom knob on the housing, I have no need for the knob on the port, as I never use manual focus with that combo.

It's not a big issue. Just wondering..

10 minutes ago, Alex_Mustard said:

Are there instructions anywhere for removing it? 

Looking at the nauticam website I find this manual with instructions to do so:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eqjAuRyQbazThYDkdThLO0zsoLvzdktJ/view

Now I look at it, the assembly on the product picture does not look the same as the illustration in the manual so I suspect there are multiple versions of the port.

Edited by Robin.snapshots
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex_Mustard said:

Are there instructions anywhere for removing it? 

There was a post asking a similar question possibly for a similar port a few weeks back,  The response was that the port now comes with a blanking plug and there are instructions for installing it. 

I found what seems to be a universal instruction set for various focus knobs and their installation - this is for extension rings.  It should be easy to work out if it applies to your port if you have one.

https://www.panoceanphoto.com/factsheets/NA22131_Focus Knob Bedienungsanleitung Nauticam-en.pdf

• Like 1

Agreed.  For what it’s worth, my 45 port is about 3 years old and has a different plug - round vs. square plate.  It came with the plug in the box and the dealer removed the knob/gear as it was not needed and just gets in the way.

Love the WWL! 

IMG_5691.jpeg

Edited by ChipBPhoto

11 hours ago, Steen N said:

Does anyone know if there is a Nauticam port solution for sony28-60 and wwl-1 without the focus knob?

I just purchased the 28-60 and N100 flatport 45 with focus knob, after years of using the 28mm.

I thought the focus knob on the port was for zooming the lens, but as it works with the zoom knob on the housing, I have no need for the knob on the port, as I never use manual focus with that combo.

It's not a big issue. Just wondering..

In the box there is a blind plug

what you need to do

1. pry the black covers of the allen bolts using a tool that doesn’t ruin them 

2. unscrew the two bolts 

3. replace the assembly with the blind

4. Screw back the allen screws

5. place back the plugs

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.