Scammers: Please Report!

TimG

Folks

We do our best to head off scammers. But we’ve all seen cases where an offer of sale or purchase comes out of the blue and either sounds or turns out to be dodgy. 

If you think you’ve found a scammer, please report it here and share the info with the membership. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was pinned
  • 2 months later...

I dont know him, but in this case I would take a little bit more care before calling anybody a scammer.

Language might be a barrier here, and also, the conversation in blue is also quite blunt. If I would get that as a genuine seller i would give 'the finger' as well.

• Like 1

Guys, Cerianthus’ caution are wise words. If you think someone is a scammer perhaps it would be wiser to say that a response raises concerns and doubts in your mind, rather than labelling someone as a scammer. An abundance of legal caution…..

I'm not sure if this belongs here yet, but someone contacted me through my Youtube account email enquiring about the Lumix LX10 I'm selling on Mozaik.

Well, while i do shoot an LX10, I'm not selling any at the moment, so I asked details about about the ad he mentioned.

it turns out a vendor has put an ad for an LX10 kit on Mozaik, and linked to one of my YT vids shot on the LX10 - which is fine, however I'm a little confused by the wording, which reads:

"Example of videos shot using this camera (and to give you confidence in buying from me):"

Screen Shot 2024-04-10 at 21.14.38.png

Confidence in buying from me - while listing someone else's vids? Errr, wait?

So the second  YT link is to my ambient light LX10 test shot vid shot mostly while I was working in Palau - the first link is to video made by by someone else, but shot in the Similans NP in Thailand (where I did work a few years back...).

I told the person who contacted me by email to be very careful, and also flagged it with Mozaik, but haven't had an answer yet.

Another potential red flag is that the camera model given in the specs is OM-1, but this could be a template issue?

I would say it's either very clumsy, or a scam.

The ad is here:

https://www.housingcamera.com/used-panasonic-lumix-lx10-digital-camera-nauticam-underwater-housing-pro-package-accessories.html

Beware...

Edited by bghazzal
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TimG said:

Guys, Cerianthus’ caution are wise words. If you think someone is a scammer perhaps it would be wiser to say that a response raises concerns and doubts in your mind, rather than labelling someone as a scammer. An abundance of legal caution…..

Makes sense. The edit on the housing photo is pretty noticeable, though.

Edited by theocean
  • Like 3

Just had a scam experience from

www.onlinedivegears.com

Note the "s".

I tried to order a band for a Uwatec wrist dive computer using Paypal. Next thing that happens is I get a "confirmation" for a daily deduction from my Paypal account for my order amount plus US$5.

Of course, I immediately went to Paypal and canceled the transaction. At least I'm hoping I did 😉

Beware that web site!

Tom

• Thanks 1

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.