Off to bluer pastures

I am another transplant from WetPixel where I've been active since 2005 as 'Glasseye snapper'. I am on a 5 month diving trip and hadn't realized much of the community moved here but look forward to continue what we had going on WetPixel.

My dive and photography interest is in documenting and studying coastal fish biodiversity. I took early retirement in 2022 to escape Canadian winters by going on 5 month diving expeditions every year and use the nice Canadian summers to process the data and learn about fishes. Survey data, trip reports, and photography stories get posted at https://biodives.com. My current trip included 7 weeks in the Philippines (Dauin & Moalboal), 8 weeks in Raja Ampat and I am now in Bali (Tulamben).

My current setup is a Oly EM1 II in Nauticam housing. My Inon Z330 II died in Raja Ampat and its replacement, a Retra Flash Pro Max, arrived just yesterday. Next year will be time for the big camera+housing upgrade so I will be picking your brains to decide on what to get.

Edited by Biodives
  • Like 2