Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Olympus OM-D E-M5

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 779Posts
  • 779Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus OM-D E-M5

779 posts
  1. I don't think i've seen this port mentioned yet, but it's another 3rd party option (for the Panasonic 8mm FE and presumably the Olympus 12mm):

    http://www.fun-in.com.tw/oc/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1433

    I can't comment further on this as i have not seen it, let alone used it. From the photos, it looks very much like the 4.33" Nauticam acrylic dome.

    I recently had this port show up at my door. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but it looks pretty nice!

    I have never seen a formal review on this port, but I do know that Alex Mustard had borrowed one from someone earlier this year and posted some nice pics using it on his facebook. He said it worked well for him, and that was good enough for me to take the leap and buy one sight unseen. It is the same dimensions as the nauticam port, except it is optical glass instead of acrylic. They even make replacement glass that goes in the nauticam port. Thought this was worth mentioning about this port since someone was asking about the 8mm FE

  2. To recap another post, ZEN underwater now makes port adapters for the Nauticam NA-EM5 housing for both Subal type III ports and Sea&Sea ports. This means you can use Subal or Sea&Sea ports like the Zen 100mm optical glass port or any of the other ZEN/Subal/Sea&Sea ports up to the 230mm port along with a large number of M43 lenses.

     

    I use the Subal type III adapter with my EM5 housing along with the ZEN 100mm port for both the 8mm fisheye.

     

    You can check these out on the Reef Photo web site under Zen Underwater.

     

    Phil Rudin

    Edited by Phil Rudin
  3. Ive got a small problem when filming movies in my nauticam housing. There is a constant buzzing noise which didnt appear to be a problem when i first used it underwater. I basically have to mute all sound from my films if they were filmed in the housing.

     

    I cant hear a small noise when filming on land but it does not affect the sound of the films.

     

    Has this happened to anyone else?

  4. Ive got a small problem when filming movies in my nauticam housing. There is a constant buzzing noise which didnt appear to be a problem when i first used it underwater. I basically have to mute all sound from my films if they were filmed in the housing.

     

    I cant hear a small noise when filming on land but it does not affect the sound of the films.

     

    Has this happened to anyone else?

    Yep, that's your IS. Bob

  5. A great area of the diving world and nice images, to bad the country is in chaos.

     

    Phil Rudin

  6. I am hoping for improvements on video capabilities so it can compete with Panasonic GH3.

  7. Yep, that's your IS. Bob

    I tried turning it off but i still get the same noise when filming. Ill try it again and see if i was doing something wrong.

  8. Well it was bound to happen at some point. My knob fell off.

     

    Mode selection knob that is.

  9. Well it was bound to happen at some point. My knob fell off.

     

    Mode selection knob that is.

    Oh God, that must be painful. :monkey:

  10. Happened to mine also. The service center reattached it but it still does not seem too secure

     

    It looks like the housing gear puts an eccentric load on the knob, which then eventually works loose (although I have read on the land photo forums that others have experienced this too). If it happens again I might just epoxy it

  11. If your camera is new, send it back to Olympus. If the camera is more than a year old, glue the cap back on; you don't want to void the camera's warantee by fixing it yourself.

  12. Well, yes, if the service center is readily accessible, that would be the thing to do. In my case it isn't and I was without my camera for 10 days. Sometimes practicality is more important

  13. My issue is I am due to head to the Maldives in 2 weeks time. I don't really want to chance the camera not coming back to me in that period, especially as the "repair centre" address I have been sent is a DHL hub. When my lens failed it ended up going to Portugal to be fixed, although that was back in 10 days or so.

     

    I'm not convinced that the knob issue is related to pressures placed by the housing. Mine has hardly been used in the housing so far due to the lens failing at the start of my last trip. The knob fell off mine while I was using it outdoors on a relatively warm day.

     

    I think I am going to chance some super glue :-(

  14. Just glue it....

  15. Just glue it....

     

    Boogers I just lost the other cap. the other thing is the v/f eye piece keeps falling off. The camera is really nice, but some design problems

    Bob

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.