Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Olympus OM-D E-M5

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 779Posts
  • 779Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus OM-D E-M5

779 posts
  1. Hello

     

    Thought someone may like to know I have put my OMD-EM5 together with two lenses and the Nauticam housing, tray etc for sale in the classifieds.

  2. Hi Karen

     

    Trust Dieter got home OK. I have just recently purchased an OMD EM-5 with the 60mm macro lens and very recently the Nauticam housing and port for the 60mm lens. Didn't have it in time for the Soloman Island trip however.

     

    I am also looking at the threads where people have purchased the Austrian gear to use other lenses like the 12-50 mm, which I also have, in this port. Didn't realise that it would also provide manual focus with the 60mm lens and port I already have until I read Phil's comments.

     

    The rig got wet for the first time today...in the swimming pool!! GBR next weekend then up to PNG

     

    Cheers Eden

  3. It fits the fisheye domes but it has manual focus, manual aperture settings and no electronic contacts so the camera does not recognize the lens as being on the camera. I don't no of any focus or aperture gears for Olympus or Nauticam housings.

  4. Samyang 7.5 actually vignettes with the shortest available fisheye dome port on Nauticam housings, so we've never bothered to go through the trouble of working out gear solutions.

    Edited by Ryan
  5. Thanks Phil & Ryan. I appreciate your quick response to my question. Cheers - Karen

  6. Hi Everyone,

    I would appreciate some help. I am trying to decide on ports for the Nauticam housing but the information is a bit conflicting. Can you put the 12-50 lens in the Macro 60 or Flat 72 ports without vignetting at the widest setting? It seems to say yes on here but the photo stores say it can/will vignette.

    Thanks

     

  7. Hi Everyone,

    I would appreciate some help. I am trying to decide on ports for the Nauticam housing but the information is a bit conflicting. Can you put the 12-50 lens in the Macro 60 or Flat 72 ports without vignetting at the widest setting? It seems to say yes on here but the photo stores say it can/will vignette.

    Thanks

     

    Not exactly what you asked, but you can put the Oly 12-50 & the Oly 60 macro in the Nauticam 12-50 port. That's what I use. The 60 is slightly shorter than the 12-50, so you use a little lens to subject distance at closest focus.

    Bob

  8. Bob,

     

    How much distance do you lose when using the 60mm macro in the 12-50mm port?

     

    Thanks,

    Mark

  9. Bob,

     

    How much distance do you lose when using the 60mm macro in the 12-50mm port?

     

    Thanks,

    Mark

    I don't have the 60 port for comparison. You may what to check the Nauticam site. I suspect not much.

    Bob

  10. According to OlympusUS the 60mm macro is 82mm and the 12-50 is 83mm. B&H shows them at 82 and 82.8 for the 12-50. Not going to make much of a difference in the 12-50 port, the 60mm macro port or the 45mm macro port with 20mm extension.

  11. People who use the 12-50mm in the 60mm port report no vignetting even though it's 67mm instead of the 77mm diameter of the 12-50mm port. The port for the 12-50mm needs to be a few mm longer because the gears screw into the threads on the front of the lens. It's only mm, but it's reported to be the reason the 12-50mm port needs to be 77mm to prevent vignetting at the 12mm end.

  12. Thanks for the replies,

    Mark

  13. Has anyone sucessfully installed a vacuum system on the Nauticam EM-5 housing? I saw comments that Nauticam's own electronics does not fit the housing.

     

    Is this still the case, or is there a solution for it now?

     

    Cheers

    /O

     

    My apologies if this is already answered in this thread already, it's a bit long to browse...

  14. Reef Photo has installed several in NA-EM5 housings.

  15. I am having the Vacuum Leak Detector installed on my NA-EM5 Housing at Nauticam Thailand now and will be complete on Friday. Wanted it done before getting the setup wet later on this month.

     

    There are some pictures of one of the first installs done by Ryan at Reef Photo on Scubaboard/Olympus Outlet.

  16. I am having the Vacuum Leak Detector installed on my NA-EM5 Housing at Nauticam Thailand now and will be complete on Friday. Wanted it done before getting the setup wet later on this month.

     

    There are some pictures of one of the first installs done by Ryan at Reef Photo on Scubaboard/Olympus Outlet.

     

    Great! What is the cost? You are installing the valve and replacing the moisture detector with the vacuum leak detector I suppose (and get the manual pump)?

     

    Cheers

    /O

  17.  

    Great! What is the cost? You are installing the valve and replacing the moisture detector with the vacuum leak detector I suppose (and get the manual pump)?

     

    Cheers

    /O

    Oskar,

    Replacement of the electronics, installation of one-way valve and manual pump is around 420 USD.

  18. Hi,
    have bought a used Nauticam / Oly combo, thanks Edmond, and ownl a Nauticam EA30 port.
    Can i use the 60mm macro in this one?
    Or can somebody give me the inside lenght of the 60mm macro or the 12 - 50mm port? Metric would be great ;-))
    Thanks a lot,
    Wolfgang

    PS: the lenses are still on the way so i cannot test it, and i would like to fix the order for our february trip.

  19. Hello, I use the PL3 in the Olympus housing with the PPO-EP01 port and the 12-50mm + 60mm lens.
    Now I want to buy the Zen 9-18mm Dome and did some questions.
    Does anyone know whether this port and the 12-50mm lens will fit and underwater works?
    What lenses still fit into this port?

     

     

    Marcel

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.