Sony a1 2.0 Firmware Update On Hold

Hey all,

In case you have not already heard, Sony has put a hold on the a1 firmware 2.0 update.  No new date is posted as of yet.

From Sony Page When Download Attempted: 
It was confirmed that some products updated to Ver.2.00 may not be able to connect to the network.  Due to this issue, we have suspended the update. (March 29, 2024)” 

Edited by ChipBPhoto
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• The title was changed to Sony a1 2.0 Firmware Update On Hold

I have the update I have had no issue connecting to anything so far

Very nice feature you can use the monitor on your phone to have false color waverform and other tools through an app

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2024 at 1:25 AM, DriftC said:

@Interceptor121any chance you could share a short video file with me? I’m curious if they have changed the metadata structure of the file. Bonus if you have something with added external timecode! 

For the benefit of others metadata doesn’t change In the new firmware 

the breathing compensation and timecode implementation are not done with metadata

breathing competition crops the frame

timecode sync requires a cable the actual timecode is set to freerun the devices are then in master slave situation 

an interesting software function is that you can use sony remote app to control multiple cameras 

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.