Cover for WACP-C

I am changing from a WWL-1B to a WACP-C. I have asked a few shops to see if Nauticam has a dedicated Neoprene cover as they do for the WWL, and the answer seems to be "no" and that they can not positively recommend an option. 

What is everyone using to protect their WACP-C other than the hardcover? I use the hardcover for transport, but to get in and out of the water, I put a neoprene wrap on the WWL.

Hi CHanly83,

I use the hardcover all over the time. I have drilled two adjacent holes in the hardcover, to be able to fix a boltsnap on the hardcover via cable binder. As soon as I am in the water, I remove the hardcover from the setup and fix the hardcover via boltsnap on a D-ring on my jacket. Before preparing to leave the water, I put the hardcover back on the setup to protect the expensive lens. No other protector needed...

Wolfgang

Edited by Architeuthis
  • Like 2

Before I sold mine, I used to just take the hard cover with me on the dive. Both the pockets on my drysuit as well as my tech shorts were large enough to comfortably fit the cover, with ample space to also fit a DSMB and pocket snorkel.

Honestly, I've been rather wary of neoprene covers ever since one of them caused a scratch on my 140mm dome - some particulate got trapped between the dome and the cover when exiting a shore dive and scraped against the glass the next time I tried to take the cover off.

Edited by Kamaros
  • Like 1

I think the dome (and consequently, the size of the hard cover) are bigger on the WACP-C than the WWL. At the very least, I haven't had any issues operating the pinch lock mechanism with my dry gloves (Showa CS720 smurf gloves with Fourth Element xerotherm glove liners).

• Like 1

I agree with the hardcover for times I have my Drysuit but the neoprene cover is nice for times when I am in the tropics diving with minimal gear. I just loop it around my arm on the decent and on my safety stop just put it back on.

For the sand I haven’t had enough shore dives for that to be an issue. The ones I have I just suit up and hand the hard cap to the wife and she hangs out and reads.

11 hours ago, Kamaros said:

I think the dome (and consequently, the size of the hard cover) are bigger on the WACP-C than the WWL. At the very least, I haven't had any issues operating the pinch lock mechanism with my dry gloves (Showa CS720 smurf gloves with Fourth Element xerotherm glove liners).

Same Showa gloves (XL) here with thin liners. I'm not able to insert my fingers to pinch the lock and I'm afraid to lose it into the blue.

Maybe I have to exercise in front of my TV  😛

22 hours ago, Davide DB said:

Same Showa gloves (XL) here with thin liners. I'm not able to insert my fingers to pinch the lock and I'm afraid to lose it into the blue.

Maybe I have to exercise in front of my TV  😛

This must be the difference in the front cover. In my case WACP-C with Showa (L without warming gloves, XL with Fourth Elements warming gloves underneath) and no problem...

Wolfgang

• Like 1

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.