Pimp up your GoPro

Most of the time my GoPro will sit on my larger sony camera setup, but time to time I take a single action camera with lights. Yesterday I tried a new setup with a single GoPro12 with AOI wide lens adapter and two Weefine lights. I think this is the maximum level worth to pimp up your GoPro. It Included:

• GoPro12
  • AOI UWL-03
  • Divevolk tray with two grips
  • 2 Weefine Smart Focusd 7000
  • Weefine remote control unit
  • 2 fiber optic cables
  • BGNing Trigger rod shutter
  • 4 floating arms

You may further improve it with an aluminium housing and better and more expensive lights, but it would be overkill. I have an aluminium housing for an older model and the size and weights were more disadvantage then the  added advantages (robustness, better depth rate etc.)

GP12_04.jpg

GP12_03.jpg

GP12_02.jpg

GP12_01.jpg

The best thing in this setup is putting the control of the light and the shutter release close to the grip. The AOI lens improves the image quality, but it's a bit problematic to use it under turbid condition.

How does your top GoPro setup look like?

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Your sunhood could use a little adjustment 😀

This is indeed a very capable setup like this. Have you thought about adding a macro wetlens to the setup? There is the AOI ucl-03 that fits on the bayonet system but I don't have personal experience with it.

Edited by Robin.snapshots

11 hours ago, Robin.snapshots said:

Your sunhood could use a little adjustment 😀

This is indeed a very capable setup like this. Have you thought about adding a macro wetlens to the setup? There is the AOI ucl-03 that fits on the bayonet system but I don't have personal experience with it.

I haven't tried the macro wetlens and will probably skip it. I have a bigger camera (Sony A6400) with proper macro lenses (30mm, 90 mm) and I also have other solutions for actioncamera macro (replaced, adjusted lens).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this!  I find my biggest gripe with the gopro housings is hitting the "shutter" button with thick gloves on.  I hadn't seen that Trigger rod shutter before - definitely gonna pick one up.  

14 hours ago, ColdDarkDiver said:

Thank you for this!  I find my biggest gripe with the gopro housings is hitting the "shutter" button with thick gloves on.  I hadn't seen that Trigger rod shutter before - definitely gonna pick one up.  

I've ordered here:

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005004323302764.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.39.42d35c5fq0pu67&gatewayAdapt=glo2deu

It was really worth it. I also like the wire control of the video lamps.

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.