Lens options for apsc?

I started with NEX-5 and moved to Sony FF after A6400. I reviewed several lenses but for my personal use my go to lenses where Zeiss 50mm macro (75mm equivalent) and Zeiss 12mm (18mm rectilinear equivalent) for best image quality. This may sound old school but both are superb and under $500.00 each in the used market.     

• Like 2

On 6/11/2024 at 2:04 AM, Will Greene said:

I can confirm that the Samyang 12mm AF f2.0 lens works flawlessly behind the seafrogs 6" dome port designed for the Sony 10-18mm with any of the a6xxx cameras. Especially with the glass dome port option, the corner sharpness is really excellent, and the whole package is quite inexpensive. It's awesome for reefscapes but definitely not the most versatile system out there in terms of focal lengths available. The 100º FOV is great IMO though.

I'll second the Samyang 12mm AF f/2.0 lens for wide angle on Sony APS-C. I use it on my a6400, in a Seafrogs housing and behind their 8" acrylic dome. I've been pretty happy with the results to date. 

I'm sure if you're switching to Nauticam someone could help with the correct spacers you need to fit it behind one of their domes. 

I threw some samples into an album here: Samyang 12mm AF f2

I'll add more as I get more. 

Edited by Craine
  • Like 2

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.