Bangka/Lembeh 2024 Part II

A few more shots from my first trip to Bangka and Lembeh, including my first Mandarin diver ever 😬

Equipment used: Nikon Z8, Seacam Housing, Seacam strobes, Retra snoot

NZ8_3870-Bearbeitet.jpg

NZ8_2695.jpg

NZ8_5335-Bearbeitet.jpg

NZ8_2272-Bearbeitet.jpg

NZ8_2062-Bearbeitet.jpg

NZ8_3691.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Dave_Hicks said:

What a great set! Amazing work.

Thank you! ☺️

5 hours ago, TimG said:

Lovely shots, Chris. I really like your lighting style and the shallow depth of field in the frogfish shot. 

Thanks! The first shot of the frogfish was taken with the TTArtisan copy of the Trioplan 100mm lens for that „bubble bokeh“, a fully manual lens which is very frustrating to use underwater as you have to pre set aperature and focus before the dive. But it does give you this unique effect that cannot be recreated with other lenses. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark H said:

Who doesn't love Mandarin fish? Great shot. In addition, I love the blue lighting on the frogfish shots. Amazing.

Thank you! 😊

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChrisH said:

Thank you! ☺️

Thanks! The first shot of the frogfish was taken with the TTArtisan copy of the Trioplan 100mm lens for that „bubble bokeh“, a fully manual lens which is very frustrating to use underwater as you have to pre set aperature and focus before the dive. But it does give you this unique effect that cannot be recreated with other lenses. 

I made a custom nauticam focus gear for my friends similar LensBaby manual focus lens a few months ago. I could probably make one for this lens with a few measurements. (assuming nauticam)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dave_Hicks said:

I made a custom nauticam focus gear for my friends similar LensBaby manual focus lens a few months ago. I could probably make one for this lens with a few measurements. (assuming nauticam)

Wow, that would be great! But I use Seacam...

On 7/25/2024 at 10:02 PM, ChrisH said:

A few more shots from my first trip to Bangka and Lembeh, including my first Mandarin diver ever 😬

Equipment used: Nikon Z8, Seacam Housing, Seacam strobes, Retra snoot

NZ8_3870-Bearbeitet.jpg

NZ8_2695.jpg

NZ8_5335-Bearbeitet.jpg

NZ8_2272-Bearbeitet.jpg

NZ8_2062-Bearbeitet.jpg

NZ8_3691.jpg

Amazing Chris, especially the Mandarins, they are my absolute favorite fish. Beautiful. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Johno1530 said:

Amazing Chris, especially the Mandarins, they are my absolute favorite fish. Beautiful. 

Thank you! Happy you like the pictures! 😊

5 minutes ago, Architeuthis said:

Great photos...

How did you create the bubbles (I guess that the Tartisan lens does not create the bubbles by itself?)? Did you use an external strobe and something to diffract the light?

Thank you! 😊

Lets make it a little bit more interesting: for the „bubbles“ you will need something that you have in your kitchen and a blue light 😬

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/4/2024 at 1:07 PM, Edwin Westenberg said:

Very nice👍

15 hours ago, humu9679 said:

@ChrisH Well done sir! Lovely stuff. And you got your Mandarins!

Thank you! Happy you like it! 😊👍

Edited by ChrisH

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.