Monitor Showing Live View is Too Dark

brightnight

As I understand it, my kraken monitor diplays the picture as my Canon 5dmIV sees it in live view. However, the camera is set to full manual and isn't accounting for light from the strobes so everything the camera sees is very dark and therfore everything on the monitor appears very dark. Since everything appears dark on the monitor even though the brightness of the monitor is is set high enough, framing images is impossible because I can't see anything.

How can I keep the camera settings the same while have the monitor compensate or what are my options? Is this where selecting a lux table in the monitor would be helpful or some type of exposure compensation?

• Like 2

I see that no one is responding, so I'll try to put my two cents in.

I don't think it depends on the monitor which in theory should replicate what happens on the display (I write in theory because I read that Sony is quite complicated on the subject) but I think it is a “simple” camera setting.

In my Panasonic GH5 there is a setting called “Constant preview” that changes the way the camera display behaves with respect to the exposure/shooting settings. This setting has impact especially when the camera is set to manual.

Constant preview ON = you see the real exposure on the display
Constant preview OFF = you display will have a good exposure/perfect image regardless of your exposure settings.

Now, I guess that you have just to find where is this settings on your camera.

One image is better than a thousand words:

• Like 2

• Thanks for your support

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.