Skip to content

Dome cleaning

Featured Replies

Hi.

 

At my last dive trip I had an incident with my dome: the reef moved and hit the dome.

 

I had to decide for a love and care treatment. It is an acrílic dome (Aquatica), so I went through the micro mesh process followed by “novus” 2 and 1 and the dome became in good shape on the outside.

 

But, when looking deeper to the dome, it seams it needs some cleaning in the inside. I see some light risks/ marks. I do not know if it is really risks or some marks from previous attempts to clean/take out some dust that might got inside the dome.
 

How can I clean it properly without damaging it? Is it possible to use any kind of solvent/detergent without damaging the dome.

Thanks!

 

Edited by PBAlves
Correct missing leters

Sea & Sea
  • Author

Thanks Dave.

I do not know if the Aquatica 8” Acrylic Dome Port is coated.


Is it the Novus 1 safe to use if the inner is coated? Do you know if it might damage a possible coat?

 

Thanks

54 minutes ago, PBAlves said:

Thanks Dave.

I do not know if the Aquatica 8” Acrylic Dome Port is coated.


Is it the Novus 1 safe to use if the inner is coated? Do you know if it might damage a possible coat?

 

Thanks

Novus #1 is just a cleaner. It is a finish only with no abrasives, per the product info below. Just don't rub too hard with your microfiber. 

 

  • SAFE & GENTLE: Contains no abrasive chemicals, ensuring a greaseless, anti-static shine that resists fingerprints and smudges while protecting your surfaces from further damage. Perfect for regular maintenance. 
Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.