• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, MrChen said:

Any new features worth pointing out?

Nothing really significant on 13.2 that I noticed. There were all sorts of things in 13.0: altering the DOF, changes to the Mask options; impressive new De-noise option.

I know LR has its critics (mainly on price and the subscription arrangement) but the way it has developed over the years and as a package with PS for less than £10 a month is, I think, a good deal - and I really hate the software subscription model and avoid it if at all possible.

I hate the subscription model as well. I resisted it for years and finally gave in. When I bought my D850, my older version of LR was no longer compatible with the RAW format.

I resisted the subscription model for over a year. I expected Adobe to raise the monthly price. That hasn’t happened. When Lightroom started doing things my version couldn’t, I finally gave in. They continually improve the product and the price remains the same.

• Like 3

I wasn’t a fan at all when the subscription came to be.  With that said, they’ve held up there end of the bargain by making a pretty solid system with frequent, mostly positive regular updates.  For both Sony and Fuji, I looked in to Capture One.  The normal purchase price (off sale) would equal almost 2 years of payments for LR and PS.  I know there are cheaper alternatives, but I’ve been happy with LR and all they have done to support the mostly seamless flow between mobile and desktop editing.  This allows me to literally travel with an iPad and SSD drive while still being productive.  That’s a big win for me!  Mileage may vary for others. 

• 4 weeks later...

The Lightroom Queen are reporting updates to Lightroom Classic 13.2, Lightroom 7.2 and Mobile 9.2.

Those have not appeared as yet on my package but no doubt will soon.

Lightroom Classic 13.2, Lightroom 7.2 and Mobile 9.2 released

These releases are primarily for new cameras and lens support, and a number of bugs are fixed in these releases.

Lightroom Classic
There are some additional features in Classic 13.2. These include:
- Additional Sort Order options
- Additional Filter and Smart Collection options
- Some performance enhancements

We would recommend it's safe to update to these versions immediately.

As mentioned, there are quite a number of bug fixes. To check them and to see additional details on the Classic changes and the new camera/lens support, read our blog What's New in Lightroom Classic 13.2 & Lightroom Ecosystem (February 2024)?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

After years of running bootleg Photoshop, I also finally caved to lightroom subscription. Got tired of carrying my heavy and storage limited surface pro (128gb model). Not to mention editing on it with the pen was always a bit frustrating due to unoptimized touch interface. 

Picked up a new 10th generation ipad, and I have a lightweight, connected editing machine, as well as a great big screen for my drone. Easier to edit with multi touch and apple pencil.

$10 a month with 1tb of cloud storage can't be beat. Just working on uploading a lot of my trips from the last few years to get some editing and sharing on social done.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Lewis88 said:

Picked up a new 10th generation ipad, and I have a lightweight, connected editing machine

While I have a very nice Benq monitor, I do almost all my LR editing on an iPad.  As long as I keep the screen brightness at an appropriate level and watch the histogram, I find it to be an extremely portable and powerful solution.  I mostly return to my full system only when I need to use a plugin such as Topaz.  It’s nice to also have access to my images and editing on my phone as well.  

With Adobe holding up their end of the deal through regular, meaningful updates it makes it a good software solution.  Congrats and enjoy!

Edited by ChipBPhoto
  • Like 1

I've been a subscriber for a long time with the Photography package, but looking at options, it appears that the Photography pack with 1Tb storage is about $20, but only 7 desktop apps, vs. 13 for the $9.99 plan (20 Gb). 

Edited by RVBldr

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.