Skip to content

Hi from Israel — AOW, mostly Eilat, phone + GoPro

Featured Replies

Hi all. I'm Ben. Based in Israel. AOW, somewhere in the low hundreds of dives, a lot of them the same sites in Eilat because for a few years that was the weekend: drive south, dive, drive back.

I shoot a phone in a housing and a GoPro. No strobes. So most of my underwater frames come back blue, and I'm here to learn from people who actually know what they're doing with light and colour underwater.

Happy to be useful where I can. Mostly listening for now.

Isotta
40 minutes ago, Ben Ari Kutai said:

Hi all. I'm Ben. Based in Israel. AOW, somewhere in the low hundreds of dives, a lot of them the same sites in Eilat because for a few years that was the weekend: drive south, dive, drive back.

I shoot a phone in a housing and a GoPro. No strobes. So most of my underwater frames come back blue, and I'm here to learn from people who actually know what they're doing with light and colour underwater.

Happy to be useful where I can. Mostly listening for now.

Welcome aboard!

We have an amazing article. It says pretty everything on this topic:

  • Author

Thanks for the welcome. I'll dig into that ambient-light action-cam article. Phone in a housing and a GoPro with no strobes, so that's exactly the mess I'm usually looking at.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.