I feel sad for Eric Cheng

ianmarsh

Reflecting on what has gone down, I can't help feeling a bit sad for Eric.

Eric is such an intelligent, forward thinking, charismatic, honest person, who built Wetpixel from the ground up.

To have Wetpixel go down in flames the way it has is not fair to his legacy. I do not want to dwell on the negative, but feel the community should hoist a pint to Eric.

I would like to recognize his role in the whole process that has gotten Waterpixels to where it is right now.

Ian

• Like 12

Just to make sure my answer to Ian above doesn't create confusion.
Eric Cheng, who created the original Wetpixel brand (but was no longer active there), has joined the new Waterpixels community (https://waterpixels.net/profile/228-eric-cheng/)
The link above is to his member introduction post, posted shortly after Ian opened this thread - serendipity? 🙂

cheers
ben

Edited by bghazzal
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I would not be an underwater photographer today if I hadn’t found Wetpixel back in 2006.  I started in the film era but drifted away.  Wetpixel rekindled my interest and got me into the digital era. Thanks Eric!

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Thanks for your support

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.