8mm fisheye lens losing view mid dive?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone would have any experience with the Olympus Micro 4/3 8mm fisheye lens seemingly losing contact during a dive? I still have light metering and aperture control but a blank screen so no ability to take photos... It's got me stumped as to what's going on

What camera?, I recall having an issue with my EM-5 MkII a while back.  It had a component they replaced to fix it.  I looked it up and it was a frame contact mount unit that was faulty.  It is needed to tell the camera a lens is attached.  

It was back in 2017 so exact details are vague, but it sounds similar to what you report.

It's an Olympus e-m10 Mk4, the thing that is confounding me is that the problem is intermittent and doesn't effect any of my other lenses.  After spending the afternoon troubleshooting as much as I can, I'm thinking sending it in for repairs may be my best course of action

2 hours ago, AlClarence said:

It's an Olympus e-m10 Mk4, the thing that is confounding me is that the problem is intermittent and doesn't effect any of my other lenses.  After spending the afternoon troubleshooting as much as I can, I'm thinking sending it in for repairs may be my best course of action

I had the same issue it would do it on or two lenses and the others were fine.  As i recall the repairs weren't too expensive at the time, but turnaround time is currently a while I believe.  In my case it was the camera body which was the problem.  They have a support number you can call and talk to them they can tell you if you need the lens as well as the body or not.

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.