Which Kenko for Canon FE lens on Sony Body

As I ponder mirrorless options, I know there is a strong possibility I will be using a Canon 8-15.  I use a Nikon 8-15 currently, and with a Kenko 1.4 TC sometimes.  With Nikon, there were some issues with which version Kenko would work with certain camera bodies.  I see that for Canon, Kenko offers a Teleplus HD and  an HD pro.  I assume those of you using these use the "pro?"  This would likely be on a Sony, although which model is undecided.  just trying to figure out my options

I guess I will also need to figure out the metabonse vs sigma question 

Decisions, decisions.

Hi @JohnD! I use the Kenko C-AF 1.4x TELEPLUS PRO 300 on a Sony A7 III with a Metabones Smart Adapter V5 and a Canon 8-15. There is golden "DGX" and a white "Made in Japan" writing with a yellow dot printed on the other side. Works flawless. Assembling this setup is not as straight forward as using native Sony stuff, but since there is no native fisheye zoom yet this has to be accepted for now...null

image.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnD said:

As I ponder mirrorless options, I know there is a strong possibility I will be using a Canon 8-15.  I use a Nikon 8-15 currently, and with a Kenko 1.4 TC sometimes.  With Nikon, there were some issues with which version Kenko would work with certain camera bodies.  I see that for Canon, Kenko offers a Teleplus HD and  an HD pro.  I assume those of you using these use the "pro?"  This would likely be on a Sony, although which model is undecided.  just trying to figure out my options

I guess I will also need to figure out the metabonse vs sigma question 

Decisions, decisions.

The telepro 300 is now discontinued

the

new line has an hd and hd pro version the latter recommended for higher megapixels cameras

i have that one and works fine optical quality is very good 

As interceptor121 says the current model is called Kenko Teleplus HD Pro 1.4X DGX. 

By the way, as you mention you are figuring out about the adaptor, my Sigma MC-11 does not focus at all on my Sony A7Rv when the top stills/video dial is set to video. To focus I need to move that dial to stills, then focus, then back to video for single focus. But far from ideal if you do much video, in which case the Metabones is better. And then apparently the Metabones version 5 has a slightly larger internal diameter than the version 4. So that means it can work with the Sony 1.4X teleconverter, but that is placed behind the converter rather than in front of it (not sure what impact that has). So an alternative solution to the Kenko...

Maybe others can confirm... I just picked this info up from other posts (old Wetpixel site) before I bought mine.

Edited by John E
typing mistake
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, John E said:

As interceptor121 says the current model is called Kenko Teleplus HD Pro 1.4X DGX. 

By the way, as you mention you are figuring out about the adaptor, my Sigma MC-11 does not focus at all on my Sony A7Rv when the top stills/video dial is set to video. To focus I need to move that dial to stills, then focus, then back to video for single focus. But far from ideal if you do much video, in which case the Metabones is better. And then apparently the Metabones version 5 has a slightly larger internal diameter than the version 4. So that means it can work with the Sony 1.4X teleconverter, but that is placed behind the converter rather than in front of it (not sure what impact that has). So an alternative solution to the Kenko...

Maybe others can confirm... I just picked this info up from other posts (old Wetpixel site) before I bought mine.

The solution with sony works with my metabones and with any for that matter as the difference between iV and V is just the ibis switch

the field of view is narrower than the kenko

i have not done other tests but for me this indicates the combination is not the best one so I don’t use it

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.