First time flying with camera gear, any tips or tricks?

19 hours ago, Davide DB said:

On a side note: I thought the quote was from "The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!" movie with Leslie Nilsen or a similar absurd comic movie. Then I discovered that the original line is much much older

Sorry for hijacking the thread 😇

And this is exactly why I come here, all this water photo thing is totally secondary 🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Davide DB said:

A Wetapixeler dressed with his 1000 pocket vest caught at the custom and forced to throw away his lens

Il-grande-Lebowski.jpg

overweight baggage, overweight baggage, yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man...

Edited by bghazzal
  • Haha 4

Here is the stuff of nightmares: the infamous post check-in carry-on luggage weight checkpoint for all Air Asia flights at Kuala Lumpur's KLIA2 terminal...

KL .jpg

Snapped this on the sly last week, thinking of this thread....

After check-in and luggage drop, all KLIA2 passengers have to go through this luggage weight check-point to reach immigration's passport control booth and security.
They've made it even more systematic now, with a dedicated lane for people with luggage (read, rollers and the like) and those with "none" .
Rollers get weighed, but a light-looking backpack usually gets you into the "no luggage" lane.

I've resorted to the pocket vest strategy to get my roller under 7kg a few times in the past there, emptying the heavy stuff in the pockets before going through, and then replacing everything back into the roller after the weight check...
Scary? They make it easy 😁

That said, the great thing about Air Asia is that it's very easy to add check-in luggage at a reasonable price, which helps.

Edited by bghazzal
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bghazzal said:

Here is the stuff of nightmares: the infamous post check-in carry-on luggage weight checkpoint for all Air Asia flights at Kuala Lumpur's KLIA2 terminal...

KL .jpg

Snapped this on the sly last week, thinking of this thread....

After check-in and luggage drop, all KLIA2 passengers have to go through this luggage weight check-point to reach immigration's passport control booth and security.
They've made it even more systematic now, with a dedicated lane for people with luggage (read, rollers and the like) and those with "none" .
Rollers get weighed, but a light-looking backpack usually gets you into the "no luggage" lane.

I've resorted to the pocket vest strategy to get my roller under 7kg a few times in the past there, emptying the heavy stuff in the pockets before going through, and then replacing everything back into the roller after the weight check...
Scary? They make it easy 😁

That said, the great thing about Air Asia is that it's very easy to add check-in luggage at a reasonable price, which helps.

Two Waterpixelers trying to get their rollers under 7kgs at the infamous AirAsia post check-in carry-on luggage weight checkpoint.

You said it man Nobody f***s with the AirAsius !

800Jesus.jpg

• Haha 2

• Thanks for your support

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.