Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Your ONE best shot of 2005

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 223Posts
  • 223Replies

Read-only discussion

Your ONE best shot of 2005

223 posts
  1. "That's one small leap for a Spanish Shawl, one giant leap for nudibranchkind."

     

    Backside of Anacapa Island, Channel Islands National Park, Ventura, CA, D70 in an Ikelite housing, dual SB-105 strobes, 28-105 lens at 105.

     

    Spanish_Shawl_leap.jpg

  2. post-5424-1134301956_thumb.jpgThis is my favorite shot, its the only one I`ve got of Elli
    Edited by Elli and Ted
  3. forgive me for being stupid, but how do you post a pic on the page without the thumbnail???

  4. Hi Leon,

     

    If your image is already somewhere on the web, click on "Add Reply" and the look for the little button that says IMG Click it and put the URL of the image into the pop-up field.

     

    If your image isn't on the web already, go down to where it says "add attachment" and follow the directions. Attachments must be under 60K

     

    Cheers

    James

  5. Five Rocks, Raja Ampat, Indonesia, the most beautiful place on eath....

    post-2294-1134258690_thumb.jpg

  6. Here's mine

    post-600-1134284240_thumb.jpg

  7. Ok, my first appearance on wetpixel.com, hope I can hold the high standards with this one more or less.. :D

     

    Taken at Elphinstone Reef, Red Sea, two weeks ago.

    post-5640-1134314024_thumb.jpg

  8. Ted I thought your picture was of Elli skydiving from the thumbnail. the bubbles look like clouds.

  9. HI ALL,

    Heres my favourite Iv'e not got many, so I hope you like it!!

     

    :D:D:):D Andy :D:D:rolleyes::D

     

     

     

     

    post-3941-1134326942_thumb.jpg

    Edited by AndyBarker
  10. Hi All,

     

    I know this is cheating a bit. But as I do video I haven't had time or a chance to perfect my photo skills. :D

     

    This is two of my favourite shots stuck together. Its my first clone attempt with elements 2 and I'm happy with it. So it's kind of my best one so far. <_< Taken at a cold quarry, U.K. "Framed pike through a tugboat hatch"..

    post-5159-1134326318_thumb.jpg

  11. This is really difficult but I do like this one although, like Alex, I may change my mind.

     

     

    72515033_787d922a76.jpg

     

    It was also one of the most difficult as I was suffering with my sinuses at the time and took these with some pain in my head. Was a fab 3 week break in Manado as well.

  12. Great shots everyone. Here's my 2005 favorite, I followed this guy around for nearly 20 minutes, he had his head in and out of holes in the reef and I couldn't see his whole body until he finally came up for air.post-1522-1134358476_thumb.jpg

  13. Excellent Thread Alex!

     

    These are absolutely beautiful photographs! I'm not worthy! :D

     

    I have a favorite but, its not in this league! Will hopefully have something to contribute for 2006!

     

    Great Photos! INSPIRATION :)

  14. first.jpg

     

    This is my favourite because it was the first photo taken underwater this year with my Canon D60 recently housed in a Sea and Sea Housing and was so very exciting for me after waiting 3 years (or is it only 2, feels like 3) to actually get it housed, finally finding a NEW housing for it after all this time. It also features Alex's world reknowned international supermodel which was a perk more than anything. Wow I made this thread twice !

    Edited by digitallywet
  15. Giles I can see why that is your favourite. If there were mirrors underwater you'd never come up! :D

     

    See you in just over a week, buddy.

     

    Alex

  16. A great thread and excellent photos! Here is my contribution, taken in Palau.

     

    Canon 350D, Ikelite, DS125s, 10 - 22mm

     

    Best-of-2005.jpg

  17. Alex...since you started this...I had a slim year underwater...

     

    Does it have to be shot underwater?

     

    All the best, James

  18. Alex...since you started this...I had a slim year underwater...

    Yeah, same here.

     

    The only decent thing I shot UW this year was for an article in get lost! magazine which is already in the media section.

     

    All the rest is topside. How about if it was shot at the beach... does that count?

    Edited by anthp
  19. Not very original these days but my favorite anyway. Majestic Predator - Guadalupe, October 05'

     

    guadalupe_100.jpg

    Edited by kcf955
  20. Lots of really impressive stuff here from very talented shooters. Here's my favorite of 2005, shot in Andaman Sea off Burma in January, a few weeks after the tsunami. I particularly like the colors.

    post-1665-1134442789_thumb.jpg

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.