Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Upcoming Panasonic GH-4K

Started by Davide DB ·

  • 349Posts
  • 349Replies

Read-only discussion

Upcoming Panasonic GH-4K

349 posts
  1. Confirmed as April Fools Joke.

     

    (a very sick one too I feel, and one I hope bites 43rumours and Vitaliy)

  2. Call me old fashioned but I thought April fools jokes were supposed to be made on 1st April. And a bit strange (from an English perspective) to keep insisting it's real after everyone's claiming April fool. A bit of a dangerous game. I doubt Panasonic are too impressed.

  3. Call me old fashioned but I thought April fools jokes were supposed to be made on 1st April. And a bit strange (from an English perspective) to keep insisting it's real after everyone's claiming April fool. A bit of a dangerous game. I doubt Panasonic are too impressed.

     

    I 100% agree.

     

    BTW

    Even that it was clearly relate to this April fool, Canon rumors didn't remove the above post. LOL

  4. I was impressed from this screen grab taken with VLC from the video that Nick Driftwood posted on Vimeo. The uploaded 4K file is available for vimeo subscribers.

     

     

    This camera (and I hope other new entries at NAB) brings to us a new era. 4K for the masses.

    It's like when we passed form SD to HD.

     

    These screen grabs are like photos. zoom 1:1

     

    Ungraded:

    http://www.personal-view.com/talks/uploads/FileUpload/1c/54c6d1925c4e90a164ab7bd1022a43.jpg

     

    Graded:

    http://www.personal-view.com/talks/uploads/FileUpload/12/1d1d823d2ae2b88ba1e44fae1363cd.jpg

  5. Davide,

     

    I think me and you must frequent the same forums/websites....was looking at these yesterday.

     

    Its madness the detail these 4K cameras can obtain from each and every frame.

     

    Cant wait to get my hands on one.

  6. More good news for Panasonic GH4 lovers.....enter the 4K HDMI Atomos Shogun

     

    Now we wait for a housing for this recorder/monitor :) Sorry about the camera not being GH4. Then again Sony has its own 4K trick up its sleeve. Why 8 bit ? Looks like GH4 is going to be the people's choice.

    post-595-0-63577800-1396832648_thumb.jpg

    Edited by CheungyDiver
  7. They need a Ninja4k - same form factor as the current Ninja2 - I would be well happy then!

  8. I had a chance to handle the GH4 at NAB, or at least a pre-production version. While it does indeed fit in the Nauticam GH3 housing, the mode dial is too tall and the control does not sit correctly. I think it will be a relatively simple upgrade to make it work. All of the other controls that I was able to try worked, though there are other things that would need to be checked, like alignment. The Panasonic folks said that they anticipate the first batch of production cameras to be shipped around the 1st of May, at least to the US.

     

    Cheers,

    Chris

  9. Thanks Chris for the info!

     

    I was hoping someone from Nauticam would provide some input. I've sold the GH3 already - so glad it fits :)

     

    Now where is are those 170mm domes!!!!!!!

    Edited by thetrickster
  10. Hi,

    And don't forget to order your focus gear !!!

    36042 focus gear for Pan 12-35

    36043 focus gear for Pan 7-14

     

    Cheers

    Edmond

  11. I have the zoom gears. But tempted to get the focus gears as well, to try my hand at manual focus too. Glad you mentioned in the other thread that the 6" dome (with additional knob) doesn't work with the NA-GH3. As I was soon going to cancel the 170mm zen dome - been 5 months now that my 170mm dome has been on order :-(. But I'll stick it out now :-)

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. In fact, the manual focus knob on the latest Nauticam 6" dome is nice and sweet !! Just happen you need a bit of work to modify the lens release button on GH3 housing. I think Nauticam is now working out a solution to solve this issue to allow other housing to accommodate the new 6" dome port.

     

    Edmond

  13. My GH4 shipped yesterday. I reckon a week to get here. So will have it in the water in 10 days [emoji4][emoji106]

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. Looking forward to your video !!!!

  15. My GH4 shipped yesterday. I reckon a week to get here. So will have it in the water in 10 days [emoji4][emoji106]

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

     

    I'm trying to sell my GH2 :alien:

  16. Hi,

    Anyone get their GH4 in first hand can you please share your comment on putting it into existing GH3 housing.

    I will have my GH4 on 28th and will go to West Papua on 1 May. Not sure if I have enough time to make any modification to accommodate GH4.

    I think the main control dial push button is the main concern.

    Thank you.

     

    Regards

    Edmond

  17. Got my GH4 today !!!

    14013920221_02208a8105.jpg

    13994165966_fe132b5c76.jpg
    14017752094_6802acba40.jpg
    14037306963_d78887bcf2.jpg
    14017276105_f749b2ea6e.jpg
Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.