Saw that on Facebook... thanks.
I also saw "we'll have more news about this and a new GH4 specific housing soon"........
We still getting an upgrade kit for the NA-GH3 to enable use of the control dial....?
- 349Posts
- 349Replies
Read-only discussion
Upcoming Panasonic GH-4K
-
-
Saw that on Facebook... thanks.
I also saw "we'll have more news about this and a new GH4 specific housing soon"........
We still getting an upgrade kit for the NA-GH3 to enable use of the control dial....?
I don't have news on that just yet. It is being worked on, and I think if it is possible, we'll do it.
Regards,
Cp
-
Thanks again Richard

There is a release for the GH4 here in Sydney this Saturday at a major camera store so I am very tempted to head down & pick one up.
Just want to finalise all options before I lay down cash.
Pete
Which store in Sydney? and at what time. Also tempted
-
Digital camera warehouse on Canterbury Rd. I think it was from around 10am to maybe 2 or 4pm.
They are having Panny reps there & doing some deals I believe.
I know that they are selling them for $1797 on the day instead of the $1885 they are advertising.
Still very undecided on this camera myself.
I am going to hold off for a few weeks until some have used them underwater as I want to see how they handle banding & also grading with the 8bit 420 colour space.
-
Just return from R4, this is a very short video filmed with GH4 in 4K mov.
Will take a few day rest and start edit the rest shortly.
Cheers
Edmond
-
Very promising indeed

Looking forward to the full version.
Is it possible you post on Vimeo?
It holds the quality better, I believe.
-
How did you find it Edmond?
Would you care to post up your thoughts please?
Cheers Pete.
-
Just watched the video Edmond, it looks good.
What lenses/ports did you use?
I couldn't see any banding in the blue water from watching it on my phone.
Looks very promising indeed.
-
Good to see someone has got this underwater.
How did you find the focusing? Where you using an external monitor? How much post did you do on especially the wide shot?
Can't wait for a write up!
Cheers
Richard
-
Just return from R4, this is a very short video filmed with GH4 in 4K mov.
Will take a few day rest and start edit the rest shortly.
Cheers
Edmond
Lots of damage done to the video by YouTube. Could you please post a full 4K clip.
-
Hi Peter
You could down load in 4K just change the setting. Most of the footage except the end looks like less than HD never mind 4K.
Youtube uses 4K H264 compression . So its really 3840 x 2160 AKA ultraHD at best at the end of the fooatge.
GH4 should allow you to record full 4096 x 2160.
Good attempt though Edmond. No banding issues. The Youtube must have chewed up the resolution for most part of the footage. Only the last part from 0.26 the image looks very clear at HD. Can't wait to see more.
Cheers
David
-
Phoebe Lu of Nauticam posted this on Eunjae's facebook and allowed me to share it:
"yes, we will have a dedicated GH4 housing coming soon, size and button layout will more or less the same but added new features like our latest vacuum alarm, handle bracket with minimal cost. And now we have glass dome port and both zoom and focus solutions available for option as well. As for the timeline, I m not sure at this moment but we are doing our best to catch up ASAP."
She also told me they have housings for the latest Ninja recorder and Shogun monitor under development now.
-
The handle is a good idea & the housing really needs one.
Interested to see the glass dome & manual focus gears, I wonder what lens it suits.
I took my GH4 out yesterday & am happy to report no banding when shooting UHD 25fps @100mbps.
-
Nick,
And Don't forget about the "Trigger" of the right handle !!! This is a must have item for the new GH4 housing as well !!
As I don't see Phoebe mentioned it, hope they add this just like the BMPCC housing.
I did a transplant of the trigger from my BMPCC to GH3 housing, absolutely wonderful !!!
Cheers
Edmond
-
Do you have a photo of that Edmond?
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWgUv9Vtp1c&feature=youtu.be
A little bit of footage from my first outing yesterday.
-
-
I think the GH4 housing will answer a lot of issues with the NA-GH3, stability, trigger etc..
But I'm not sure if I could justify the expensive of upgrading thou.... I've already fitted the vacuum system to mine and from looking at the NA-A7R, which I'm told the NA-GH4 will feature similar improvements, travelling with it will be harder, as at the moment I can strip the housing off the tray with just two screws.
The trigger for me is the biggest benefit, why can't Nauticam release an add-on for the Flexitray to benefit all 'non trigger' housings... If only I had a 3D printer (and the skill to use one!)
Looking forward to seeing the housing - and this new glass dome - which I believe is 180mm, add the fact the focus knob - now that is something I could be interested in...
Talking about focusing - we need a focus ring for the 7-14mm, as I'm not sure about you, but I'll my 7-14mm at 7mm all the time, so the zoom ring I have is pretty irrelevant.
[video=youtube;kWQGvuk4AXw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWQGvuk4AXw
-
If they are releasing a 180mm glass dome suitable for the 7-14mm plus a manual focus ring then I am a taker for sure!
I love the 7-14mm, a beautiful lens.
-
Nice job on the videos Peter & Richard! Those are encouraging.
I have passed some feedback to Phoebe and asked her for a bit more information.

