Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Keith here from South Jersey. Looks like I was finally able to get registered after not getting any Wetpixel emails from stupid Comcast. I hate Comcast. I've been diving about 20 years, shooting pictures for about 10 years or so. Currently use a Nikon D60 in a Sea & Sea housing with 2 Sea & Sea alpha-110 strobes. Just went to the Philippines in November, best trip I ever took.

  2. Hello all!

     

    I am a professional photographer in my life above water and still learning every dive below. I've been a photographer since 1984 and it has became more about making a living than it has been the original reason that got me into photography-PASSION! Now, I'm finding that some initial passion I felt years ago but with my underwater pursuits! Happy to be part of this group and looking forward to learning more everyday!

  3. Hello and welcome to the forum!

  4. Hi everyone,

    I am Jerrel. I photograph with a Canon S120 in an Ikelite housing and 2 S&S YS-D1 strobes. I have made some amazing photos with this setup but feel I have now reached the limit of what I can do with it.

    My next step: My DSLR with Tokina 10-17mm, Sigma 10-20 and Canon 60mm is finally going under water!!!

  5. Hello I am Kirtley Leigh Walker-Halstead, Underwater Model, Concert Violinist, and wife of the legendary UW photographer Bob Halstead. I will be posting the Announcement today of his Celebration of Life Service to be held here in Cairns, Australia (the GBR) in January. Nice to meet you all, even if under such devastating circumstances of my husband Bob's death.

  6. Hi,

     

    I'm WK of WK's Gone Diving. I bought a GoPro in January this year and embarked on my journey of creating a video log of my diving holidays. I'm looking to improve my videos with the assistance of this community.

     

     

    Cheers,

     

    WK

  7. Gets guys Im Colin

    Looking to get into underwater photography and looking for some new gear. 😎🌴

  8. New memeber here from Okinawa. Currently shooting with a Canon G16 YS-01 combo with a few different lenses. Looking to work on my macro photos and wide angle shots. I am also i the market for some gear so Ill be in the classifieds a bit also. Thanks for the join

  9. Currently shooting with a Canon G16 and YS-01. Looking for help in macro and wide angle shots to maximize this combo. Thanks

  10. Gets guys Im Colin

    Looking to get into underwater photography and looking for some new gear. 😎🌴

    Trying to find ds160 strobes and cables etc

    Will be heading to Philippines soon so will be hitting people up for advice 😊

  11. Keith here from South Jersey. Looks like I was finally able to get registered after not getting any Wetpixel emails from stupid Comcast. I hate Comcast. I've been diving about 20 years, shooting pictures for about 10 years or so. Currently use a Nikon D60 in a Sea & Sea housing with 2 Sea & Sea alpha-110 strobes. Just went to the Philippines in November, best trip I ever took.

    Any suggestions for philipines?

    Edited by Canuck kiwi
  12. Hi everyone!

    Just wanted to introduce myself.

    After running a Mako & Blue shark diving business for 10 years I decided a couple of years ago to hang up my fins and move full time into photography. I mostly shoot pet products (for work) but am always shooting sharks for pleasure!

  13. hi

  14. Happy New Year, everyone!

     

    I just signed up on wetpixels and am looking forward to following the conversations about underwater photography.

     

    I've been diving for since 1975 (anyone else remember those days with simple horsecollars and CO2 cartridges?) and am currently a MSDT.

     

    I recently treated myself to an upgrade of my camera equipment and am shooting a Canon 1DX Mark II in a Nauticam housing.

     

    I particularly like trying my hand at macro shots, so any pointers and advice will be gladly accepted.

     

    Hope to hear from you all soon.

     

     

  15. Hi All,

    Introducing myself from Montauk, NY.

    Looking to become a better uw photographer.

    Capt. Chuck Wade

  16. Hi All,

     

    Introducing myself from Singer Island, FL. I have been taking underwater photos for about a year and I am looking forward to improving my photography. Just upgraded to a Sony 6500 with Fantasea case. Anyone have recommendations for a vacuum accessory that works with the Fantasea FA6500?

  17. Hello all,

     

    I live in West Sussex and first dabbled with underwater photography about 10 years ago. Although, I haven't been diving for about 5 years now :(

    This enforced rest was due to small children :)

    I have a relatively ancient compact setup and am therefore planning to read liberally and hopefully get some great pointers before splurging on a new camera and housing etc...

  18. Hello Everyone,

     

    I stumbled upon this site looking for tips and tricks and eagerly joined after seeing what a great community there is here.

     

    I am new to underwater photography and have a basic kit that has worked nicely for the surprising number of opportunities I found myself having in 2018. We are usually an every other year Caribbean divers but are starting to focus on what we want to see more than just getting wet. So with my LX10 setup and a desire to learn and grow I will be sifting through the forums.

     

    Patrick

    Greater Boston, USA

    https://www.pbrosnanphoto.com/Travel

  19. Hi Wetpixel community,

    I've recently discovered WetPixel and look forward to contributing to this community.

    I'm from the Gold Coast, Australia and an avid diver and conservation photographer.

     

    Cheers

  20. hi all,

     

    Irish diver looking to get back into underwater photography.

     

    hope to see some of ye in the water soon.

     

    All the best,

     

    B

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.