Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi Everyone,

     

    I am a relatively new diver currently living in Terrace, BC, Canada. I've been into photography for years and my current above water kit consists of a Canon 6D, 24-105mm f/4, 70-200mm f/2.8 IS Mk II, 50mm f/1.4 and 100mm f/2.8 Macro.

     

    The current underwater rig is a Canon S95 in a canon housing. I am in the process of upgrading that to a Sony RX100VA in a Fantasea housing with an Inon S-2000 strobe and a Big Blue Black Molly 3 video light mounted to an Ultralight TR-D tray.

     

    kyzKkW5.jpg

     

    88S0UYD.jpg

     

     

  2. Hey, I'm Greg. I grew up on the water in the Gulf Coast of Florida, and during college had the opportunity to travel the world taking landscape photos. I'm looking forward to diving in to underwater photography and bringing some of my new found photo skills back home to the gulf.

  3. H E L L O !!!!!

     

    H O L A !!!!!

  4. Hello from Spain, I've been diving for 15 years and I love underwater photography.

  5. Hello from Spain, I've been diving for 15 years and I love underwater photography.

  6. Yup.

     

    Just lost another one.

     

    I really want the 7, but what I want even more is a freaking camcorder that can actually zoom!

     

    I'm tired of swimming after fish like its the flipping' 2018 olympics and I'm after Michael Phelps.

     

    I just want some zoom and some focus and not have to turn on 10,000 lumens of freaking light, blowing out the eyes of poor little fish everywhere.

     

    So I'm on here posting my dumb 3 posts so I can get on the classifieds and find some gear with whats left of my money after flying around the world on my mad quest to drop a

    flipping gopro in every ocean in the entire world.

     

    Please have mercy on me. I want to take awesome videos and show my friends how cool the ocean is.

     

    Thank you

     

    </rant>

     

     

  7. Its been a while! I remember this site from several years ago. Still diving. Still taking pics. Still using obsolete camera.. :-/

  8. Hey guys,

     

    I am Flo, 28 years old, from Germany.

     

    I am looking for my first camera and want to buy something which will work for my needs in the next several years. While researching I stumbled upon wetpixel.com and wanted to start being part of this forum aswell.

     

    Thanks for all the shared information here!

     

    Regards

    Flo

  9. I feel you man!

  10. Hi!

    Originally from the UK, spent the last 10 years diving/travelling around Asia, now living in the Caribbean.

    Recently started delving into the world of underwater photography and rather enjoying it.. looking to upgrade my very basic dslr package 😊

  11. Hi, I currently live in beautiful Kelowna in the interior of BC Canada.

    But NOT into cold water diving... did enough of that in Scotland to last a lifetime... actually, make that a couple of lifetimes!

  12. Hi,

    I am a diver from Singapore.

    Going to be a new DM.

  13. I've been diving for 40 years and started photography about 15 years ago with a Canon point and shoot. Unfortunately, the housing was so big and bulky that it required extra luggage to bring it along on overseas trips. I lost interest and bought a Go Pro to do video but missed the macro photography. Going back to my old system a few months back but the lens mechanism jammed and decided since it was such an outdated system I would start over with a new camera. I choose the Sony a6000 and am now looking for recommendations on housing, lens, and other equipment. I developed my own film years ago and love the instantness of digital. Doing two major trips next year to Antartica and Galapagos, so want to het the equipment now to start working with it.

  14. Hi all!

    Newbie here, just came back from my first underwater photography trip in Baja California! Looking to buy some used gear!

  15. Hi All,

    I've been diving for a little while but just started taking underwater photos. Took a TG4 to Raja Ampat and got some nice photos but looking to learn more on how to improve these for future dives.

     

    I also shoot with an Sony a6000 on land so trying to work out if I upgrade the mirrorless kit or if I upgrade the current TG4 setup

     

     

  16. Hi, mick from aus here. Sholt with a rx10p now, upgrading to an a6000 next yr. Ccr tmx cave, shoot mostly in caves

  17. Hi.

     

    I am looking to start up a small business doing underwater photography.

    Last year I was lucky enough to be part of Scubábo Underwater Art where I worked as an underwater photographer while doing my DM.

    It really opened my eyes for the underwater world and after some time finishing my studies I have decided to take the jump into this exciting new lifestyle. Therefore, I am looking to buy a full underwater camera setup.

  18. Hello greetings from a new member of this great community

  19. Hello,

     

    My name is Dan and I live and work in Seattle, WA.

     

    I started 7 years ago in Bonaire with a little Panasonic and housing. I currently use a Olympus Pen Lite EPL3 with PT-EP05L Housing and YS01 Strobe. I've been very satisfied, but would now like to move to a DSLR setup. Maybe get a Nikon D7200.

     

    If anyone has any they are looking to offload, I'd be interested.

  20. Thanks for the add y'all,

     

    Looking to get into getting some nice shots above and below water. Big into spearfishing, snowboarding, and pretty much anything in between. Based out of Virginia in the US but am always on the move.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.