Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hello!

     

    I'm here because I want to take great uw pics 😁

  2. New Member in Florida. I'm currently looking to purchase a housing for a 5dmarkIV so that I can do some artistic underwater and above water shots I have been coming up with. I am also in need of underwater strobes for some of these as well with the capability to be off camera when doing the shot.

  3. Hi,

    I dive for some years and I have photographed a lot on film cameras but now I am interested on learning more about digital photography. I have a Sony Nex5n and 6300 with Nauticam housings.

  4. Hi

  5. Hi, I'm a nondiver but love the ocean and I'm worried about the conservation of this critical resource. So I've stated a nonprofit, oceans360.org. We provide 360 and 180 cameras to experienced underwater photographers (I reach out to people whose photography I follow and don't accept applications for cameras, sorry.)

     

    The media they gather media for me is turned into virtual reality video and played back on the Oculus Go goggles in museums, aquariums, and schoolrooms.

  6. HI Every One, i am from China, and i like uw marco things most!

  7. Hi,

     

    I'm Dennis, from Malaysia. Still new on UW photography. Shooting with a G7X MkII.

  8. Hi,

     

    Im fairly new to wetpixel and underwater videography.

     

    Have started my new hobby with a Sony A6500 and Nauticam housing...already looking to upgrade! :((

  9. Hii!
    Im from Australia and super interested in underwater portrait photography!

  10. Hi I'm Pete from western New York and I've been diving since 1981 and taking pics almost that long.

    Hi Pete, I'm interested in purchasing the Ikelite DS 200 you have for sale in teh classified section of the forum

    would you please get in touch with me by emai (francesco.visintin@gmail.com)

    grazie

    francesco

  11. hi I am Salva from Spain.

    advanced open water and underwater photography enthusiast.

    actually using rx100 II with nauticam housing!

  12. I have been diving for twenty years with a large hiatus to have children. My children got certified this summer and I have taken up UW photography. We had Kid's Sea Camp train our children and their liaison generously spent time teaching me to shoot pictures UW.

  13. Hi, I'm Arthur from Vernon BC, Canada. I've been a diver for the past 24 years, the last 14 of which have been in the commercial/professional field. Last year I decided to get back into recreational diving and took my GoPro to Roatan for two weeks. Most of my underwater photography with work is of non-interesting subjects, but has provided me excellent experience with using photo/video equipment underwater. To say the least, I was happy with some of the images I brought back on my GoPro and realized that this was a far more exciting hobby than I thought it would be. So I took the plunge and bought an Olympus OM-D E-M5 mark ii along with PT-EP13 housing this past spring. I have another trip planned for this coming winter to the South and am currently researching strobes and ports/domes/lenses to take on the journey. Cheers.

  14. Hello my name is Matt and I am here to get into underwater photography. I am mostly looking to have this sure for the classifieds and to get a solid setup

  15. Hi, my name is Derrick. I'm a longtime hobby photographer who would like to start getting into some underwater photography - snorkelling and pool but not diving unfortunately. Thanks Wetpixel, for having me.

  16. Hi, I'm from London, UK and am a relatively new diver. After being inspired by other amazing divers and photographers on my travels and in documentaries, I finally decided to go 'all in' with taking my photography underwater (housing, strobes, accessories etc.). I'm here to learn as much as possible, and I'm already blown away by how active some of my icons are in the wetpixel forums. Can't wait to sift through the threads to find those nuggets of wisdom!

  17. Hello everyone,

    I'm Ecuadorean, right from the Andean highlands. Nonetheless, diving is a passion of mine since the first time I deflated my BCU and got surrounded by an ethereal blue, eight years ago already. I moved to the U.S. a few years ago to enroll in grad. school, which has kept me from going to the water. However, whenever work takes me back to Ecuador, I try to dive as much as possible. Photography has been present in my life since I was very little, for my father was a photographer. My brother and I washed trays, tongs, tanks, film developing boxes, over the weekends. We'd spend hours at a time inside the darkroom watching the magic happen. As of my first dives, I thought about UW photography. I've tried it out a couple of times, but I have to admit that the learning curve is quite long. Anyway, here I am, after years of reading Wetpixel, joining you all to enjoy your posts and learn from the experts. I hope to be able to contribute with my grain of salt.
    I look forward to being a part of your community.

    Un abrazo,

    Daniel

  18. Hi, i'm Timo and based in Germany. I'm diving for now 6 years. I also started the underwater photography,

    i'm here to get more and better informations about equipment, technic and others.

  19. Hello,
    I am new to wetpixel and I would like to introduce myself.

    my name is yazid,
    I am a passionate diver and CCR certified diver who enjoys traveling and exploring wilderness. The exotic diving and diving destinations are my passion. I start to photograph only for a few days.

    I joined wetpixel so that I could learn from the best. The members here seem to be very helpful and I look forward to being part of the community.

    Edited by Yazidive
  20. Hello Wetpixel!

     

    My name is Paul. I've been reading wetpixel for a little while, but finally joining the community to learn more, and in particular for the jump from cropped sensor to full frame which I am hoping to do in the coming months.

     

    Cheers,

    Paul

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.