Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Cheers!

  2. Hi! I'm Mike S from Walnut Creek, CA. Started diving in Monterey Bay, so I've done plenty of cold water diving, but lots of warm water diving too. I've been using an Olympus E-PL5 and one strobe with pretty good results, but I'm looking to upgrade to a Sony a6500. Any thoughts on that? It's good to be here!

  3. Greetings from Arizona, USA!

     

    I've been following Wetpixel for several years and really appreciate the community! Finally decided to join

    - Ashley

  4. Hello!

    I'm from Western Australia and looking to get into some professional underwater photography and videography.

    I've been a mermaid for a while now and had some epic underwater encounters. I want to document them on something better than a GoPro! Trying to find the right set-up and some helpful tips and tricks. :fishblue:

  5. Hi I couldn't start a new topic so will say hello from here

    I live in Perth Western Australia

    Ive been diving for over twenty years, I only got into UW Photography about six years ago with the Olympus EM5

    Ive just bought an Olympus EM1mk2 with Nauticam Housing and waiting on delivery of a pair of Z330 strobes.

    Most of my diving has been around Indonesia including Komodo Ambon Bali and Raja Ampat as well as local dive sites closer to home

    Im looking forward to doing my first trip to the Red Sea in September with Alex Mustard

    Gary

    Edited by brownegaz
  6. Greetings folks new member here looking forward to participating

  7. Hi, My name is Justin. I'm not currently a diver but I am a photographer. I'm here to look around and see if this is something I might want to get into before I go and spend a bunch of money on gear I may not end up using.

  8. Hey guys, Chris from the United States here. First attempt to become an amateur photographer underwater. I've always brought along a small dive camera, but I think its time to try to kick it up a level.

    I thinking of starting with a LX-10 just for traveling, so hopefully I can kit up and get some great shots for my upcoming trip to Thailand.

  9. Howdy. New here. Been diving for years, but just getting into UW photography.

  10. Hi all, I'm Nick from the US. I'm a Californian stuck in New York for school. I'm a marine biologist who studies corals so I've always wanted to get into underwater photography but never had the means. I recently received a Canon Rebel T1i Ikelite FL housing from a colleague so now I get to start my adventure! Looking forward to interacting with you all.

  11. Hi there

    Dirk from Portland, OR, USA.

    I have been diving for about 8 years and have taken pictures for most of that time.

    Currently I have an Olympus OM-D EM-5 with the 12-50mm in a Nauticam housing with two Sea&Sea YS-D1 strobes, but I'm thinking about upgrading to the EM-1 MkII.

  12. Hey! I live in New Hampshire (US). Been scuba diving for 8 years (PADI DM) and shooting underwater for 14. For a long time it was just with a point and shoot, but since 2014 Ive been shooting with Canon DSLRs and it has been lovely.

  13. Hi! I'm from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

     

    Totally new diver here but I'm excited to get some neat underwater photos!

  14. Hi :) I'm Nadav, diving since 2003 and practicing underwater photography with my compact camera for the last five years

  15. Hi, I'm Doug, from San Diego.



    I've recently decided to get serious again about underwater photography, after a lengthy hiatus. The gear I used to use is all long obsolete (Nikonos IVA and V cameras, with a Nikonos SB103 strobe).



    Currently, I shoot both M43 and Nikon 1 Mirrorless gear on dry land, and I have got a couple of rigs that I can use: I have an Olympus E-P5 with a Meikon UW housing, and a Nikon J4 with a WP-N3 housing. I've had the cameras for a while, and I just got the housings.



    The Olympus is a very fine camera, but the housing seems clunky and non-intuitive to use. The housing will work with my 14mm f2.5 prime lens (28mm equivalent).



    The Nikon 1 rig based upon the J4 is clearly a less sophisticated camera, but the UW housing seems to be beautifully designed and elegant to use, with functionality that completely preserves all of the camera's (somewhat limited) controls. This housing will work with my 10-30mm f3.5~5.6 zoom (27-80mm) or my 18.5mm f1.8 prime lens (50mm equivalent). It vignettes - cuts off the corners of the frame, with my 10mm prime.



    Anyways, I'll sort out which rig is going to be my main one for underwater shooting soon enough, but actually the reason I joined is to get much more information about underwater lighting rigs from folks who are knowledgeable about it.


    Both housings have optical ports that use the camera's built in strobe as a master, so I am looking for a reasonable flash setup that will operate as a slave through an optical connection.


    Edited by dougjgreen
  16. Hello,

     

    Joined WetPixel to learn from the best. I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area and will be going to Fiji next month and am looking forward to getting some underwater time in!

  17. Hi, my name is Frederik Wik and im a rew member. I am looking forward to getting to know more about underwater photography

  18. I'm Lew in Gainesville, FL

    Diving since 1987, teaching scuba, taking photos sporadically since 1989, more recently switched into video for a while and enjoyed it but now switched to a compact setup to be able to experience the world of supermacro as well and loving it. I have some exciting captures from recent visit to Raja Ampat Indonesia and still learning how to get better results from my Olympus TG-5. Joined here to offer my Sony/Bluefin/Sola1200 system for sale and noticed the restriction to post 3 times before selling ..ok here goes.

     

    I do have 1 question if anyone knows;

    My Olympus TG-5 has difficulty capturing detail of the hairs of an orangutan anemone crab set on supermacro. It just looks blurry, even trying the focus-adjust burst feature. Is there a supermacro add-on lens like the Macromate 55 (+15) that actually works, will sharpen focus & still allow close 1-2" focal range? I know it will need a 52mm-55mm stepup ring. Does anyone have experience with this or would I be wasting my money?

    post-76975-0-89727000-1531520042_thumb.jpgpost-76975-0-55045400-1531520062_thumb.jpg

    Edited by SeaLionScuba
  19. HI, I am Haydn, from New Zealand.

    Have been using various camera setups, lately with my A7 and Nauticam Housing.

    Its just blows me away at some of the talent when it comes to those underwater shots.

  20. HI, My name is Haydn, I live in New Zealand.

    Should have joined this forum a long time ago !!

     

    Anyway am selling all my gear now, firstly the housing then the rest, loads!

     

    Reason is i just don't have the time to Dive anymore, family and all that...sad i know but that's life.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.