Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Welcome Jim. Its a great forum to learn and grow with regards to shooting underwater, which we know is way different from above water shooting. Hopefully every question you have can be answered here.

     

    Best,

    Craig

    Waipahu, Hawaii

  2. Hi guys, I'm the newest member of the crew. My hobbies are surfing, free-diving, playing computer games, watching sci-fi movies, and reading books. I do hope to get along with everyone.

  3. Hello Dive Community:

    I Peter Peart.

    Let me introduce myself. I love diving. I live in the Washington DC area and just retired.

    I just returned from a diving trip to Curacao. It is lovely place to dive, especially where I have stayed on all my previous 8 trips there. There is a very active house reef easily accessible from the apartments. There are always tanks available 24/7 and a wonderful and secured gear room.

    Than said, I have been fortunate over the years to have gotten wet, in the Caribbean, Indonesia, and Iceland.

    Traveling the world and hauling all the gear is one of the few drawbacks to sport. But I trust and know my gear and deal with the hauling, pulling and paying that comes with toting from place to place.

    As an avid photographer, there is also that additional gear. And as photographic life has gotten more sophisticated, I am always upgrading and tinkering to find the best setup possible. The irony is that after every dive trip, I always seem to find something to tweak, either by addition or subtraction. Someone's setup gives me ideas and I act.

    Anyway, this is the first of many posts and don't want to bore you.

     

    Regards,

    Peter

  4. Hi,

     

    I'm a UK diver, who's looking to sell his Seapro HD Video setup.

     

    Gareth

    Hi,

     

    I'm a UK diver, who's looking to sell his Seapro HD Video setup.

     

    Gareth

    Hi Gareth. Theres a classified section where you will be able to post your item.

     

    Regards,

    Craig in Waipahu, Hawaii

  5. Howdy, all! I'm a 57 year old ER doc from Washington State. I've been diving six years, but only recently picked up a camera. I'm using an Olympus 6020 Stylus Tough (mainly because I flooded my first camera, a Dimage, and it did serious psychological damage) and hoping for some help in improving my technique with the camera.

    Hi. Im an ED NP in Hawaii. Been a photographer for 38 years, with several years (80s) as a Seattle Times staff photographer. Shooting underwater is a whole nother can of worms but great fun. The biggest thing you can do to improve images underwater is get close and use an off-camera strobe or two. You can make some good images with your Olympus.

     

    Regards,

    Craig Fujii

    Waipahu, Hawaii

  6. Hello all,

     

    I'm an UK diver, been interested in photography for a while and finally bought my first UW camera system (S95 with Ikelite housing) less than a year ago. Unfortunately I just had an issue with it and lost a camera to flooding... http://images.wetpixel.com/forums//public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/cry.gif Now I'm feeling a bit scared of it happening again, and a friend recommended I join this forum to get some help!

     

    Cheers

    Elena

    Hi Elena. Be fearless! The S95 is a nice little camera. You will be able to pick one up second hand if your housing is still serviceable. I think many of us have lost cameras. Ive even had a new point and shoot float away when I thought I had it clipped to my BC! Do make certain that you remove, clean and lightly relive the o-ring with every session.

     

    Best,

    Craig

    Waipahu, Hawaii

    Thats relube not relive (oops)

    Thats relube not relive (oops)

  7. Hi,

     

    I'm Lauren from San Diego. I recently lost an UW housing set up to Neptune, and am eager to search the forums to see what I should invest in next!

     

    -Lauren

  8. Hi,

     

    I'm Jan from the Netherland, Diving with D7200 in Isotta housing

     

    Jan

     

     

  9. Hi, semi-pro photog, 2000+ dives

  10. Hi,

     

    I'm Lauren from San Diego. I recently lost an UW housing set up to Neptune, and am eager to search the forums to see what I should invest in next!

     

    -Lauren

     

    Argghhh, how annoying. Sorry Lauren. Maybe a good lanyard is the first re-investment......??

     

    Welcome to Wetpixel. We hope you find it really useful.

    Edited by TimG
  11. HelloIamfromUKCornwall

  12. Hi, I'm Jim from Portland, OR. I'm looking to sell my Nauticam rig for my Sony a7s2.

    Hi Jim. You might try posting in the classifieds section. What Nauticam kit do you have?

     

    Craig

    Oahu, Hawaii

    Greetings,

     

    I am a cold water diver mostly. I have an oly mod m5 with the pt housing and also a tg5.

     

    Bhushan

    Welcome!

     

    Craig

    Waipahu, Hawaii

    Hi

    My name is Marko, from Croatia, new to this forum.

    I'm PSS scuba instructor and UW photographer, living in Zagreb.

     

    Regards,

    Marko

    Welcome! Not much diving in Zagreb I suspect but it should be lovely in Zadar!

     

    Craig

    Waipahu, Hawaii

    Hi, I have been doing UW photography for several years now. Have used different type of gear over the years. My favorite, as a compromised between form and function, is the micro 4/3 line. Currently, using an Aquatica A EM1. Thinking about upgrading, just in case anyone is interested in buying. Cheers.

    You might try posting in Classifieds. Very popular the m43 line. I shoot an M5 with various lenses in Nauticam housing.

     

    Welcome!

     

    Craig

    Waipahu, Hawaii

     

    Hi y'all. I'm Ross from Houston TX and have been lurking for a bit. I've been shooting an Olympus TG4 U/W. Looking forward to honing my skills and being part of a great community![/

     

    Welcome!

     

    Craig

    Waipahu, Hawaii

    Hi friends. Been diving and photographing for about as long as I've had my current teeth. Active in South Florida, and expect to hunt for currently discontinued photo gear.

    Welcome! The question of the day is: how old are those teeth?! ;-)

     

    Craig

    Waipahu, Hawaii

    Hi friends. Been diving and photographing for about as long as I've had my current teeth. Active in South Florida, and expect to hunt for currently discontinued photo gear.

    Welcome! The question of the day is: how old are those teeth?! ;-)

     

    Craig

    Waipahu, Hawaii

    Hi, Only been diving for 8 years, primarily around Cozumel. Trying to get better pictures with a Sony NEX 5N in a Meikon housing.

    Welcome! I find the Meikons are not bad!

     

    Craig

    Waipahu, Hawaii

    Hi, I'm Anders from Seattle, WA. Hunting some additional Inon strobes for a cave trip.

    Welcome! Anders, you might scan the classifieds.

     

    Craig

    Waipahu, Hawaii

    Hello Dive Community:

    I Peter Peart.

    Let me introduce myself. I love diving. I live in the Washington DC area and just retired.

    I just returned from a diving trip to Curacao. It is lovely place to dive, especially where I have stayed on all my previous 8 trips there. There is a very active house reef easily accessible from the apartments. There are always tanks available 24/7 and a wonderful and secured gear room.

    Than said, I have been fortunate over the years to have gotten wet, in the Caribbean, Indonesia, and Iceland.

    Traveling the world and hauling all the gear is one of the few drawbacks to sport. But I trust and know my gear and deal with the hauling, pulling and paying that comes with toting from place to place.

    As an avid photographer, there is also that additional gear. And as photographic life has gotten more sophisticated, I am always upgrading and tinkering to find the best setup possible. The irony is that after every dive trip, I always seem to find something to tweak, either by addition or subtraction. Someone's setup gives me ideas and I act.

    Anyway, this is the first of many posts and don't want to bore you.

     

    Regards,

    Peter

    Hi Peter. Welcome!

     

    Craig

    Waipahu, Hawaii

  13. Hi Craig,

    Thanks for wellcome :)

    You would be wrong regarding Zagreb, actualy we have one beautiful lake Jarun, almost 5 m deep :-P, pretty nice to get muddy. Ocasionally we use to dive during winter when surface is frozen. You are right regarding Zadar, thats where we departure from towards diving spots in Nature park Telascica and National park Kornati. Wonderfull places, hope youll be able to visit once (if you didnt already)?

    Regards,

    Marko

  14. Hi all,

     

    Lurked on Wetpixel for the past couple weeks looking at the classifieds section. New to UW photography and just recently got a TG-5/PT-058 housing. Kind of exploratory at this stage but ended up picking up a Weefine ringlight for some macro shots and would like to do more WA so I'm looking to piece together some better lighting.

     

    I exclusively freedive currently, considering scuba cert to make photography a lot more manageable.

    Edited by giants90
  15. Hi Marko. I visited Zagreb once to see a journalist friend. I wanted to visit Zadar and Split but did not have the time. Again, welcome to wetpixel. It is a great forum.

     

    Best,

    Craig

  16. Afternoon all - finally making an account to buy something in the classifieds. Northeast wreck diver/photographer, shooting 7D and D800.

  17. Afternoon all - finally making an account to buy something in the classifieds. Northeast wreck diver/photographer, shooting 7D and D800.

    Edited by ReillyF
  18. Afternoon all - finally making an account to buy something in the classifieds. Northeast wreck diver/photographer, shooting 7D and D800.

    Welcome Reilly!

     

    Craig

    Waipahu, Hawaii

  19. Hello. Longtime diver here from South Carolina. Thanks for the community. :)

  20. Howdy all!

    I'm Scott and live in Gardnerville, Nevada U.S.A. near Lake Tahoe. I enjoy diving but have many other interests, among them are Playing the Banjo, Gold prospecting, Travel, Wood working and photography. I hope to learn more about underwater photography and places to dive.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.