Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. I've been a scuba diver since 91. Used a variety of underwater cameras, including the Nikonos V. Currently using the Sony A6000 in a Nauticam housing. Looking to sell the ports necessary to use the Sony 90 macro. I never dove with it. Aloha!

  2. Hi Everyone -

     

    New to the forum - long time diver. Used to shoot a D100 in a Sea & Sea housing...but last several years was using a gopro. Was looking into some used equipment, and saw classifieds...but read about all the scammers and decided maybe not.

     

    Here is a short video I just did a month or so ago about turtle poaching in the sea of cortez.

     

    https://youtu.be/PgCB234KMQ8

     

     

    Chris

  3. Hi. Been lurking for years. Want to upgrade my D200 to a D750 so thought I would post in the Classifieds and see if someone has a housing they want to part with. Need Housing and ports for 16-35mm, 60mm Macro and 105mm Macro lenses. Have Ikelite Strobe and video light.

  4. Hi am new to WetPixel. I'm a PADI instructor, love to dive, and to spear those pesky Lionfish! To keep gear simple, I've moved on to using a GoPro. I've loved my Sea&Sea DX-2G set up ~ but the camera itself is defective... so I'd like to sell the set ~ slightly used with batteries and battery charger. Sea&Sea DX-2G Underwater camera housing (only) $100.-; Sea&Sea wide angle conversion lens (wet mount capability) for DX-1G (works with DX-2G as well (includes lens caddy) $149,-; Sea&Sea close-up lens 125 $40.-; Am happy to send photos if anyone is interested. Thanks! Happy and Safe diving to all. Thanks, AZCharlotte

  5. My old G12 and YS-01 combo has died and I'm looking to replace it with something similar, ie. a compact with manual controls. I shoot mostly macro but I'm not up to date with the latest developments in the camera world. Does anyone have any advice as to what make/model would be a good place to start my research?

  6. Hi! Ben here from the US. Looking forward to learning more about underwater photography!

  7. Hi there, I am designing a new affordable underwater camera case for DSLR and mirrorless cameras and need some participants who have an interest in photography to fill out my short survey (link below) to help in my research. Only takes a few minutes, it would be much appreciated!

    Survey link:
    https://cameronclough.typeform.com/to/wyH3hD

    Many thanks,

    Cameron

    Edited by Cameronc222
  8. Hello, just setting myself up. I'm a videographer and a diver and looking to put the two together but I don't know if my finances will allow it!

  9. Hello! I'm Kirsty from the UK. Long-time lurker, apparently I've never posted before but now I have questions! Nikon user, just upgraded from a D7200 to D500. Looking forward to benefiting from all that Wetpixel knowledge.

  10. Hello everyone my name is Don. New member. Old diver. My wife and I have been diving mostly throughout the Caribbean with a couple of trips to Hawaii and Fiji. Our hope is to dive throughout Indonesia and the Philippines in the future. We have enjoyed seven LOB's so far and the majority of future trips will probably be LOB. I got hooked on UW photography with a Nikonos V using both the 35mm and 15mm lens. I have tried a number of cameras over time but went back to a DSLR a number of years ago. Currently shooting mostly macro with a 105mm lens on a Nikon D90 in an Aquatica housing with Sea and Sea strobes. Since it is an older system a bit of gear lust is setting in with all the new cameras in the past few years. Looking forward to reading about everyone's experiences and hope to contribute where I can.

  11. Hey all,

    I was a compact camera shooter with a G12 and YS02 strobe until the camera died, so now I've grabbed a Sony a6500 and Fantasea housing and a YS01 to pair. So now I'm looking forward to getting used to the rig.
    I'm also a marine biologist working in conservation and consultancy.

  12. Hi

    I am a retired, but still research-active biologist, using a full frame Canon DSLR in a Hugyfot housing with twin Inon strobes.

     

  13. Hi,

    My name is Riki, from Barcelona, Catalonia, I use sony rx-100 V with nauticam housing, currently trying to decide which wide angle lens to take!

  14. Greetings Everyone!

     

    I'm Brian from Orlando, FL. I've been actively diving for almost 10 years (mostly in south FL). I joined this site today to use it as another resource to keep up on everything diving.

     

    I was also recommended to join this site, as I need to sell my Nauticam NA-LX100 housing and all of its Nauticam components, ports, lenses, Panasonic DMC LX100 camera, tripod legs, Keldan 4X (6,000 Lumnes) video lights and everything else (extra batteries, memory cards, clamps, buoyancy arms, you name it I probably have it) for sale shortly. Everything is in excellent condition.

     

    I'm the original owner and bought everything brand new. It's been a great scuba buddy for taking 4K video, but I am in a tough position where I need money to pay for unexpected medical bills. Unfortunately I am going to need to downgrade to my GoPro 5 for taking underwater 4K video.

     

    Once I figure out how to post the entire system, photos and prices I will do it. Hopefully today.

  15. Hi. Im Wally from Colorado. Ive been diving for about 15 years. Ive been shooting on dry land for many years and am just starting to shoot underwater.

  16. Hi, I'm Andy from Los Angeles. Ii have been shooting UW with a Nikon D300 with Subal housing / Inon stobes but I am looking to change over to my D810. Researching housing and strobe options now to use for upcoming dives in the Cayman Islands.

  17. Hi I am Kostas and I am focusing on photographing sea turtles in Zakynthos island, Greece. I am cuurently looking to update my set up (Canon 6D, Ikelite housing, Sigma 15mm) with strobes.

  18. Hello I am Sam

    Edited by Sam21
Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.