Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi WP Members

     

    I'm Phil, from the UK. Been diving for 6 years now, instructing for last 2. I've a Hugyfot housing & port setup for a 5D MKii I'm looking to sell to make funds more my new EM-1 Mirrorless.

     

    Contact me if you'd like any info on the Hugyfot housing or if you are selling a housing for EM-1, ideally Nauticam or Aquatica

     

     

  2. Hi.

     

    I am glad to join the community and look forward to learning much more about underwater photography.

     

    Many thanks!

     

    js

  3. Hi- I'm Tracy. I joined to learn more about UW photography and potentially sell my current equipment as I continue to search for new equipment. Cheers!!

  4. Hi everyone! ))

  5. Hi,

     

    Greetings from a long time reader.

  6. Hello, Ben here from Australia. Been diving for a long time but am new to the underwater photography scene. Keen to learn a lot!

  7. Hi, my name is Luca and i am a italian diver. Goodmorning everyone

  8. Hey yall, Im 32 y.o photographer from the South of France. Recently got into underwater photo and just discovered this great forum. Cheers

  9. Hi, I'm Friedrich!

  10. Hi Wetpixel, Steve here from Bellingham, WA. I know some of you from previous Wetpixel and Backscatter trips and been a silent follower for a long time and thought it time to finally make it official. Recently made the change from 7D to 5d4 plus other equipment changes so I have a bit of learning to do.

    Edited by SteveK
  11. Howdy from southern California!

    I am Adam and came across this website by chance and am about to soak up all this useful information like a sea sponge!

    I primarily shoot surf photography (as the water isn't very clear in LA region). Hopefully the knowledge I gain on here can go full circle and I can pass it on to someone else down the line.

     

    Many thanks to everyone involved.

  12. Hi Everyone, my name is Glenn and I've joined to absorb some info on housings as I'm planning to do some photos at my local beach break.

     

    It's an especially nasty break, steep gradient, shallow bank and complete closeouts. Nice clear azure water on some days with relatively distinct reddish sand.

     

    My plan is to basically be right in and underneath the impact zone and see how that looks when I'm lying on the bottom

     

    wish me luck

  13. Hi All,

     

    Just looking for some cheap quality camera to get into UW photography as a beginner!

  14. My name is Alfred Forns Have been diving for a long time, SCUBA name had not been coined :). My main interest has always been photography and that is what got me back in the sport.

     

    I am in South Florida, Coral Gables and have two trips planned. First in April to Maldives on a live aboard and then on to Tiger Beach with Jim Abernethy for some Tiger Shark images.

     

    al

  15. Bonjour à tous,

     

    Je m'appelle Eric, je vis dans le sud de la France, à La Ciotat

    Je m'excuse d'avance pour mon message en français mais mon anglais est très approximatif. Je n'ai pas réussi à faire un copié/collé de la traduction :-(

     

    Je me suis inscrit sur le forum principalement pour trouver du matériel subaquatique d'occasion pour mon Canon 5D mark II

     

    Passionné par le milieu marin, je suis plongeur professionnel depuis plus de 15 ans (moniteur de plongée et plongeur de port).

    J'ai déjà pratiqué la vidéo sous marine mais curieusement, très peu la photo sous-marine.

     

    J'ai recommencé la photo terrestre il y a 4 ans et j'ai une irrésistible envie de pratiquer cette superbe activité sous l'eau.

     

    J'aime particulièrement observer les comportements des espèces, et j'aimerai capter ces instants pour les partager avec les non plongeurs.

     

    Donc merci d'avance pour votre aide dans ma recherche de matériel et d'ici là, je vous souhaite à tous d'excellentes plongées

     

    à bientôt

     

    Eric

     

  16. Hi there, hoping to sell a housing.

    Cheers,

    Jerry

  17. Hi

    My name is Dan. I’m from California but live on my boat in the South Pacific.

     

    Cheers

    Dan

  18. Hi,

    I am Elzabeth Maleham from Cairns. I am looking to sell some of my old equipment

  19. Hi, I'm living in Australia trying to figure out strobes... 2 x DS51 or 1 x DS160...hmmmm

  20. Greetings folks !!

     

    I'm Gary Miyakawa (with Cary Bennett) from Roswell Ga. She is very much into itty bitty things (Nudis) and we spend time running around BHB when possible.

     

    I'm a bit of a creative person and have built two sets of lights for her (and mounts). Not willing to spend the $$$ for a "standard" light set, I've built based on LED waterproof panels. We've had good luck with them and are now going after flexible arms for new lights. (some of the White/Red/Blue).

     

    I built buoyant arms and ever custom built flexible arms using the LocLine material (and figured out how to modify them).

     

    I used to own a Hobby Shop, does it show? :) :)

     

    Anyway, look forward to reading the DIY stuff out here and learning and trying to help Cary get her Kritters.

     

    Cheers,

    Gary Miyakawa

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.