Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Greetings all,

    I'm new to wetpixel but not new to diving or photography. I'm a photojournalist that has worked for seven U.S. newspapers in my career and am now working in government, photographer of course, after the implosion of the newspaper industry back in 2009 and since sent many talented folks packing from amazing, creative and enlightening jobs. As a diver, I got NAUI certified in 1978 when I was a teen and have been diving off and on ever since, but lately I've returned to diving and UW photography with more frequent diving and a better ability to go diving. It's an expensive endeavor to say the least.

    Currently, I'm looking for some good, used, Ikelite DS160 strobes, cables arms and basically all I need to connect it up with my Nikon D700's Ikelite housing. Reach out if you have something or know of someone looking to sell.

     

    Thanks,

    Glenn

  2. New here, old camera junkie. Shooting HD Sony with Amphibico housing and lighting. Looking to update gear....

  3. Hi--

    I'm Emily from San Francisco. I've been diving for 16 years, but only got into UW photography over the past 7 years. I shoot with a Canon G7X Mark II. Looking forward to learning much more from the wealth of experience on this forum.

  4. Guess I'm done lurking.

    New to everything. This is my first camera, I am not a photographer but I love making underwater videos and taking pics so I decided to really dedicated some money and effort into this hobby.

  5. Hi, my name is Jeff and I am just getting into underwater photography. I find these forums very helpful for a beginner like myself...thanks

  6. Hi Im Jay. Relatively new to UW photo but have been reading wet pixel for about a year now. Its been very helpful with learning how to shoot better =)

  7. Hello,

    I am Troy and live in Denver, CO. I started diving two years ago and have 122 dives under my belt. I have been fortunate enough to dive in Hawaii, Cozumel, Raja Ampat, and most recently the Solomon Islands. I joined the site as I love taking underwater pics and have a lot to learn! Looking forward to reading the posts and soaking up the wisdom on the site.

     

    Troy

  8. My name is Jason Lewis from Casper Wyoming. Yes in Wyoming we do scuba dive and we have water here. I am a relitavely new diver. Have 175 dives in 2 years. My main profession is Real Estate.

    My name is Jason Lewis from Casper Wyoming. Yes in Wyoming we do scuba dive and we have water here. I am a relitavely new diver. Have 175 dives in 2 years. My main profession is Real Estate. I bought my first Camera last year Nauticam Housing and a Canon 5 DMark IV. Love it. Have a ton to learn and hoping there are a few here that are willing to share info.

  9. G'day everyone,

    I'm Mark, from Melbourne, Australia. I've been diving since I was little, but since it's next stop Antarctica down here at the southern edge of the Antipodes, I've mostly saved my diving to trips much closer to the equator. Just sorted myself out with a drysuit recently though, and that's opened up a whole world of possibility for me, so looking forward to upping the frequency of my diving considerably now.

    I'm pretty keen on underwater photography, and looking forward to picking people's brains on here.

    Cheers

  10. HI all, my name is Pete

    just got back into diving after 10 year absent and now looking into underwater photography

  11. Hi, my name is Steve. I am an amateur photographer/videographer. Better now than when I started, but still learning as I go mostly through experimenting. Joined here to see if I can get some pointers. I shoot mainly with Canon products. Preferred subject is bigger animals such as sharks, turtles, rays, etc... Happy diving!

    Edited by ncheel044
  12. Hi, I'm Franco from Italy, I'm quite new as diver, but I'm keen in photography since a long time. Underwater photography is really difficult, but I'm sure that this forum can help me a lot. I currently use a Olympus tg-5 with housing and strobe. When I get better I'd like to move in a mirrorless system.

    Ciao/cheers

  13. Hi, Not new but so long time without connection i lost all my Id info,

     

    from Spain, hello to all again.

     

    Luis

  14. Hi I am Miguel I am from Mexico been diving since I was a kid, I am very interested in underwater photography and I think this group can help me improve and point me in the right direction with my equipment. I love wildlife photography specially underwater.

  15. Hi, I'm Deanne. Underwater photography has been a passion of mine and I have several camera systems. I'd like to get in to underwater video, so I'm looking for ideas on technique and subject matter.

  16. Greetings,

     

    My name is Jonathan Crifasi, I am from Baton Rouge, LA and have recently moved to South Florida. I have been here over two years now and one of the first things I did was get my OW certification along with a few advanced courses. Then I put a camera in my hand... just a GoPro 5 at first but I mastered that quickly and am now beginning my ventures with a more professional rig. I just got an Olympus E-M5 Mark II and some strobes and have some great plans once I master this camera in the underwater world. I love the website and look forward to learning from the experienced divers here!

  17. Hi everyone, Christian here, avid MSD and underwater photographer, focusing (sorry) on compact cams and setups (for travel).

  18. Hey everyone, I'm Kevin. I've done a lot of sport photography in the past (mostly mountaineering and fly fishing). I've been diving for a while now and am hoping to get into underwater photography

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.