Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. My name is Clay. I grew up free diving and scuba diving in rural southeast Alaska. Now I'm living in California and free dive every chance I get, usually in the Monterey or Sonoma areas. I occasionally spearfish or collect abalone, but mostly I like photography.

     

    Currently using an Aquatica housing with mega dome for a 7D with 10-17mm, as well as macro port for a Canon 100L. For lighting I have a pair of YS-250 strobes (and still getting used to them!). I'm looking to move to full frame (I have a Canon 5D mark II which I do a lot of video with on dry land) and also considering some continuous lighting for video.

     

    Free diving presents some challenges with underwater photography, but that challenge is also what makes it so rewarding!

  2. Hi

    I am Amr from Jordan living in Saudi Arabia , UW photographer since 2010 , for now am using Canon 5DMKIII with sea and sea housing and strobes

     

  3. New member from Canada! Recently took up diving and now want to merge my love of photo/video with diving!

  4. Hi Lorenzo here from Australia, new to the forum. shooting with a -Canon G7XII

  5. Hi everyone,

     

    I'm Juan, a marine data scientist and scuba diver for about 10 years. Have a "like new" ikelite system for a Nikon D7100 and looking to upgrade soon..

     

    Happy diving!

  6. Hi! My name is Juan, I'm based in Santa Barbara, CA and have been taking photos for only a year or so. I have "like new" ikelite system for my Nikon D7100 but I'm looking to upgrade soon.

     

    Happy diving everyone !

  7. Hi, my name is Tim, currently living in Maryland. I've been diving for about eight years and doing UW photography for about seven of those years, slowly working my way up the gear chain. The last four or so years I've been using an Ikelite setup for a Nikon D7000. I've recently have switched to the Fuji X systems, and I've just purchased the Nauticam NA-XT2 housing for my Fuji X-T2. I've been browsing the forums for a bit, and it's time to jump in and join these terrific forums!

  8. Hi,

     

    I'm Pedro diver and underwater photographer from Portugal.

  9. Greetings!

     

    I am Pete from SEA. I have been diving for 31 years, and shooting for 25ish. I love the underwater world and the lottery game that is the fine photo hunt.

     

    Lovely to meet you all!

     

    Pete

  10. New member from California. Diving for 14 years and shooting for 5 or so.

  11. Hello.

     

    New member here. From sweden. New to photo and videography. Still learning! :D

  12. Hi Everyone, New member from Geneva, Switzerland. Thanks for the registration!

    Phil

  13. Hello everyone, my name is Susan and I am from a smallish town in Canada. I do not do any underwater photography at the moment but it is something I would love to venture into as I have been a diver for nearly a decade (although I don't get nearly enough dives in!).

  14. Hi,

    I'm a freediver from Australia, I experiment with photo and video projects when I have the time.

    Here to learn and share :)

     

    Aaron

  15. hello

  16. Hello everyone,

    I am tanzir...

    I am the owner of photoclipout- an offshore clipping path house.

    Good to be here.

    Thanks.

  17. Hi

    I am a beginner UW photographer from Poland

     

    Came here to learn from you.

     

    best regards

  18. HI everybody,

     

    I am PADI MSDT instructor , i am fan of scuba diving , recently i start to read and learn more about underwater photography , hope to learn from you guys . me next step is to purchase my uw PHOTOGRAPHY EQUIPMENT FOR Nikon D7200.

     

    NICE TO MEET YOU ALL.

  19. Hello - I'm a long-time diver (now a NAUI Instructor) in Los Angeles and started taking pictures/video about four years ago. Getting into underwater video pretty much changed what/where I dive. Before, I was all about wreck diving, now all I want to see is fish...big fish. Give me some sharks! If you ever get to NC go offshore...you get both, wrecks and sharks.

     

    But now, I’ve decided I need to sell my Nauticam Nikon D610 underwater housing. After nearly four years of owning it and perhaps 40+ dives with it I need to downsize a bit. I love the housing but for me now at 62, I’d like something a bit more manageable, size wise. I’m looking at the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 and matched Nauticam housing. If anyone has any experience with that camera/housing please tell me about your experience with it.

     

    ​Thanks

    Tom

     

  20. Hey, new to diving and UW photo/video. I've found that holding your breath is the best way to stabilize for a shot

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.