Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi

     

    I'm James Laver from Swindon, UK. I've been diving for 40 years - rebreathers for the last 17 - still alive and loving it. I began shooting UW 35mm stills in Oman with a Uwe Kiehl housing and ringflash. More recently I've moved towards video now that the technology provides the ease of use and quality. Having LED TVs makes it worthwhile too!! I dive an AP Inspiration Evo rebreather and am qualified to BSAC AI (1719) and TDI Mod II trimix on the RB. One of my photos is on the cover of BSAC's Manual for the Inspiration rebreather. My most memorable dives have been the Dahab blue hole with 7 other RBs on trimix as well as Thomas Canyon. My most recent diving was in Gozo in March/April 2017. I film using a GH5 in a Nauticam housing with the Olympus 7-12mm Zuiko. I do a lot of solo shore diving and use a Bonex Reference RS to pull me around safely.

     

    In case anyones in any doubt - diving a rebreather is a great advantage when filming underwater. I've had Dolphins sonar beam me knowing that something was different. I'm forever getting closer to sea life than is possible with open circuit. Its why Howard Hall dives a BioMarine MK15.5 (one of the classics).

     

    Upfront thanks to all the esteemed forum members who have contributed to it and who are the foundation of an ever burgeoning community that I hope will help to preserve our Oceans.

     

    Cheers to all,

     

    James

    Edited by ImpartialPressure
  2. Hi, I'm Michael from Seattle, WA. I'm a PADI Instructor and I'm getting more into UW photography of late. I have a Sony RX100.

  3. Hi, I am José, from Granada (Spain). Just heard from this group and decided to join.

     

    Started diving 6 years ago and currently I hold rescue diver certification.

     

    My usual destinations are Spain (mainland and islands) and Colombia (where I travel for work reasons).

     

    I currently shoot an Olympus omd-em1 with an aquatica housing. Lenses Zuiko 60 mm, zuiko 12-40 pro and Panasonic 7-14. 2 Inon z240 flashes and a +15 lens.

     

    Thanks for sharing so much knowledge with the newcomers.

     

    Cheers and see you around

     

    José

     

     

    Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

    Edited by jose-lito
  4. Steve from South Louisiana. Have been shooting pictures underwater for a few yeas now and lurking on wetpixel as time allows.

  5. Hi, Brian here. Underwater videographer/photographer since the days of film and tape.

  6. Hey everyone,

    Ben from Tampa, FL here. I am a long time diver, started with SCUBA but now mostly freedive. Got into what I would consider "serious" photography about a year ago. I dive the gulf and springs in north florida quite a bit, but now that I'm looking to shoot images I'd like to get over the East Coast, Keys, and travel a lot more often. Looking forward to meeting some U/W shooters and learning a thing or two.

    Cheers

  7. Hi Everyone,

     

    I'm re-joining the forum after a decade hiatus. I'm working these days as a New York City-based photojournalist.

     

    -Karsten

     

  8. Hi! New user post. Isaac from Ventura CA. Just getting started with underwater photography. Currently shooting with Sony A7IIR 16-35mm and Ikelite housing.

  9. Hello.

     

    I teach Photography, wet and digital, at Valdosta State University. Diving in N. Florida Springs and learning Cave Diving and Underwater Photography. Currently own Canon t2i with ikelite housing. Looking to purchase an Ikelite housing for Nikon D800.

  10. Hell, I'm Charles from Tokyo. I've started diving within the last year and have done a little over 30 dives now. Done some video with my GoPro, but looking for some advice to up my game a little bit. Some lights for the GoPro and maybe a compact camera some point in the future. Looking to get some advice on products.

  11. Hello from South Florida, Surfside to be specific. I am new to wetpixel but I have enjoyed UW Photography for the past ten years.

  12. Hi, I'm from England, currently studying engineering at university, but have been taking photos underwater for about 8 years. I'm sure I have an account here, but can't for the life of me remember my username or email.. so here's a new one! I use a nikon D7100, and prefer my Tokina 10-17 lens. Sometimes do a bit of macro, but where i usually dive in the red sea, isnt the best for macro subjects.

  13. Hello from Canada. I'm looking to expand my underwater recordings from my current SJcam to something better and came here for the wealth of knowledge.

    Cheers,

  14. Hello, my name is Ben and I'm from the UK. I've been living and diving in thailand for the past several months but I'm currently home for a while to save up some money before I head back abroad.

    I wanted to join the board to try and gain some tips and advise on underwater photography as while I'm home working I want to get a basic underwater setup purchased for when I head back abroad.

    Been diving for several years but only took it real seriously the past year. I am currently qualified up to divemaster level and plan on completing my instructors course and MSDT.

     

    Ben.

  15. Hai together,

    nice to meet you here in this forum!

    I am Oli from south germany, 46 years old.

    My favorite hobby is diving and filming.

    Right now i want to change my equipment to a newer one and therefore i need to discuss with

    Other users...

     

    Best regards

    Oli

  16. Hello,

     

    Just registered. Just started back taking UW photos after a 10 year hiatus.

     

    T

  17. Hi to all my name is Dani, I'm passionate about photography and photo editing. Would love to share some knowledge and find out something new. I found out about wetpixel by accident browsing though net. Hope find new friends and inspiration here.

  18. Hello all, I'm Joe from sunny NJ. My wife and I haven't gone snorkeling in a few years due to various surgeries but will be heading out again next Spring. probably St. Martin or Aruba

    I had an Olympus 7070 in an Ikelite housing but the camera is on it's last leg.

    I am seriously considering the Olympus TG5

    We like to snorkel in about 20 or so foot of water and constantly dive down to see the various coral heads

    Trying to figure out if I need a housing, partial to Ikelite made right here and if I need a strobe.

    Being that we're not always in crystal clear water nor bright sunshine I thought it might help.

    Thanks for any help that I may receive in the future, and I look forward to learning and sharing on this forum

     

    Joe

  19. Hi

    I'm new here and looking forward to learn more about underwater photography

  20. Hello from Northern California. I'm passionate about underwater photo and video.

    Vitaly

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.