Having found so many useful tips from other users over the last few years I figured it was time to join the community! I have been living in Vanuatu for 19 years and dive every week, camera in tow. I have recently upgraded from Sony RX100 II to Nikon D500 - both in Nauticam housings. The move from compact to DSLR has been great, albeit with a few challenges, especially with strobes -- a separate posting to come!
Look forward to being part of the wetpixel community
Cheers
John
PS administrators - Vanuatu is not listed as a country on your sign up page!
Hi all
Im Tim from London, mainly on here looking to sell some Nauticam kit i have but have found these forums good and useful in the past!
Hi, I'm Chris from Australia and looking forward to learning more about UW photography from everyone. Cheers
Hi - I live in the Marshall Islands. I have been diving for years but only recently took up UW Photography. I use a sony A6300 and Ikelite housing. I take mostly macro photos and find floating in shallow water looking for creatures very relaxing.
Hi there,
My name is Daniil Vnoutchkov and I am new to underwater photography. I currently live in London, UK but travel quite frequently and would love to get into underwater photography. Hoping to learn all about it on this community!
Hi there!
My name is Chris Darke, I live in Costa Rica, been taking photos for 20 years and diving for 6 years, and just moved up from a compact UW setup to DSLR, lots of new things to learn! Hope I can find lots of answers and even provide some here!
Cheers!
Hello World! I'm Rom. I'm a newbie 32 year old diver and underwater photographer from Bangkok Thailand. Currently I'm using 5D MarkII and looking for housing.
Hello I do not how to post and reply was my only option
Hi all,
My name is Bob. A dive professional and filmmaker for a couple of decades.
Changing "life gears" and going on a global sailing adventure. I hope!
So honestly, I am here to sell some gear, more later......
Hope you are all enjoying the fantastic underwater world.
Cheer
Bob
Hello! Just picked up a Sony RX100 with a Fantasea FRX100 IV. Hope to be posting more!
Hello,
I've been getting into 35mm film photography the last few months, and I'm doing some research on getting started shooting film underwater. I've been free diving and SCUBA diving for about 20 years.
I'm looking forward to reading some of the wealth of knowledge that has been shared here.
Hi everyone, I am new to Wetpixel. I hope that I can share and learn here as well...Jim Black
Eric Mollenthiel from Canada... went diving last year with TG4 and UFL-3 Strobes (after 25 years of diving without camera I realized I was missing out) ... going diving this year with RX100V with YS-D2 strobes ...so I have some UFL-3 strobes to sell (on eBay) ... cheers.
Hello all. I'm John Sommerer from Laurel, MD. At least for a little while -- soon moving to Tucson, AZ (direct flights to Cabo, so diving is still on the agenda!). However, moving cross country is quite the pushup, and my wife and I are thinning the herd before the truck shows up. Two nice UW setups for sale in the classifieds. One RecSea Canon S100, and one Nauticam Sony NEX-5.
Hi, I'm Ashley (male) from the UK.
I'm a big Canon shooter (5DIV, 6D, more Canon red rings than you can shake a stick at), and use my trusty GoPro for stuff away from dry land.
I'm looking to take my 'wet' kit up a notch or two, hence joining the forum!
Hi, I'm Kevin from California.
I am an avid dry land photographer and a long time diver. Only recently have I started shooting underwater.
Hi there, I'm Alex from Germany.
I'm an avid photographer/videographer and diver for many years. Only recently got into underwater photography and filming. Now looking to make my eos 7D and rx100 mk4 waterproof.
Hello! I'm Nacho, from Spain, and I'm quite new to UW photography. My setup is quite basic (Sony RX100 + Meikon case + Inon S2000 + Inon macro wet lens) and I'm mostly doing macro. Hope to learn a lot around here
Hi, I'm Pat from Switzerland, just a freediving and photography enthusiast. Been reading the forums since a few months and signed up to ask questions. Thank you
Greetings, all. I'm Jason from San Francisco. I've long followed WP to see the classifieds and see trip discussions, finally establishing an ID to do a bit more.
Started 19 years back with the simple Aquashot lines (2, APS, 35mm), then a few compact digitals (S400, 570), then an Aquashot 20D and most recently a Nauticam GH4. Love the compactness, but miss the optical viewfinder.