Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi. My name is Arnold and I'm a PADI DM. Joined the site to sell my underwater photography equipment. Just finished diving all around the Philippines so feel free to contact me w/ questions. Happy Diving!

  2. Hi, Steven Anderson here, grew up in Georgia and has been traveling far from home and taking pictures ever since childhood. Has a Bachelor’s degree from Brown University and has studied at the International Center of Photography. Currently based in Georgia. Thank you:)

  3. Hello, I live in Athens, OH. I started diving and enjoying UW photography in the early '70s. I have been diving in the Caribbean (mostly Cayman) and am looking forward to a return trip to the Solomon Islands in September '17. I am looking for an Olympus PT-054 housing for my Olympus XZ-2.

  4. Greetings! I'm Susan from Minnesota and while diving in cold, dark lakes isn't my favorite activity, taking UW photos is!

  5. Hello Everyone!

    I am Joe Gaydeski owner of Open Water Adventures in Charlotte NC and an avid underwater photographer. Nature photography has been my passion for over 20 years.

    I am an Instructor Trainer with SSI. I also teach underwater photography and have done some professional work.

    Mostly I love to shoot, share, and see other photographers work. I have always enjoyed wetpixel as a great source of information!

  6. Hello from Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. Very new to wet pixel. Was told about it by a friend so starting to look through everything. It looks like a great source.

  7. Hi,

     

    My name is Christopher and I am addicted to salted caramel ice cream. I fund my addiction by organising photography trips, mainly underwater but also cultural and birding trips in Papua New Guinea and wildlife tours in Africa.

     

    I used to write about all sorts of rubbish for FHM magazine, started diving in 2004, started UW photography with a 2 Megapixel Canon compact in 2005, and had my first dive travel articles and images published in 2007 in Diver in the UK. I've had UW articles published all over the place since, had half-a-dozen cover shots too, and still have 4 to 8 new articles published a year.

     

    The whole tour thing has got a bit out of hand and I now run Indigo Safaris, a dive and safari travel specialist organising tailor-made private trips as well as group trips, and Best of Papua New Guinea, which does the same in the most diverse country on the planet (UW variety not counted but i suspect as good as Raja Ampat, if not better, 1,000 different languages for 7 million inhabitants and the mst autentic cultural festival on the planet, 781 bird species, 31 species of bird of paradise, 12 species of which are unique to PNG).

  8. Hello,

     

    Boris from Israel here. Got bitten by UW photography bug using a rented camera on a trip to Thailand last month. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get my own setup without breaking the bank. Found this site while scouring Google for useful info.

  9. Good Day All, Alan from Sydney. I've been using Sony A6000 in Meikon Underwater Housing with dual Inon Strobe and wet lens.

  10. Hi - This is John from Alaska, USA. NAUI diver since 1974. Using Panasonic LX 100 with Nauticam housing

  11. Hi I am René B. Andersen from Denmark, rebreather tech diver with a Nikon D7000 and is in to deep wreck pictures.

  12. Hi, this is Andrew from NYC. Just hit my hundredth dive while using an Olympus E-PL7, but upgraded to the OM-D E-M1 Mark ii for future dives.

  13. Hello all. Been reading on here for some time while getting myself ready to shoot underwater. Taking the plunge so to say so will be trying to get some questions answered and in me moving in the right direction.

     

    I dive Seattle Puget sound for the most part and have been diving since '92.

  14. Hi from Canada! I have been diving for about two years while on vacation at our condo in Roatan, Honduras. I am very much into underwater video while my wife leans more toward photography. We started with GoPros and quickly moved up to a Sony HDR-CX580 (his) and an Olympus TG-4 (hers). Tempted by the allure of 4K video and staggering image quality, I have recently upgraded to a Panasonic LX100. Unfortunately, our next trip is not until July so I will be shooting melting snow until then (assuming that winter will ever end). I have been lurking on this forum for some time and have found it to be extremely helpful. I look forward to participating more actively as I get my act together!

  15. Hello from Santa Monica.

     

    I got into underwater photography about a year ago, and am here to learn more!

  16. Hello everyone!

    Still a bit at the beginning of the underwater-photographer career and hope to learn from the joint knowledge of this forum.

  17. Greetings from Vancouver! =D

    I've been wetting my cameras for around 5y, and just moved to BC!

    Hope to find some new friends and learn a lot! =D

    From time to time, you can see my histories published in magazines. Keep an eye !

     

    DSC_0336_1_odk0nv.jpg?827

  18. Hi, I'm a diver from China. Very nice to join this forum.

  19. =)

  20. Hello, Galih from Indonesia, I just got into underwater photography end of last year...

    im here to learn more ... :dancing:

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.