Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi, I'm Ben.

     

    I'm new to underwater photography and have been reading all of the amazing information on this site for the past year.

    I have recently been lucky enough to be able to upgrade my old Canon 700D and Ikelite housing to a 5DIV and Nauticam housing and I hope to be able to contribute to the site and better my attempts at UW photography.

     

    I have a big trip planned this year and hope to capture some amazing underwater and above water pictures.

     

    All the best!

  2. Greetings from Sunny South Africa

  3. Hi WetPixel world... I'm Kieran from the UK/Thailand i'm just here to introduce myself. Wanting to get a bit more serious with my UW Photography looking forward to reading and learning new techniques and tips.

    Edited by beard
  4. Howdy, Folks:

     

    I'm a photography enthusiast in San Francisco, CA; I shoot with Sony cameras, DSLRs and DSLTs and mirrorless; I primarily do erotica. I've decided to visit Hawaii with my girlfriend for a week, and thought I might as well do a little snorkeling while I'm there--and, to enhance this experience, I've bought an underwater housing for one of my mirrorless cameras, a Sony a6000. I do have a few questions and concerns with that housing, but I'll post 'em over on the Mirrorless Cameras/Housings forum. Cheers!

  5. Hi from Sweden

     

    i'm a under and over photographer from northern Sweden, current setup is s&s mdx-d500 and ikelite d7000 whit a lots of strobes

  6. Hi from Chicago, never done underwater photography but looking to get into it.

  7. Hi,

     

    Mark here, I like to take underwater photos. Always keen to learn more and hoard more gear!

  8. Hi, I'm located in CA, USA and I'm looking to sell some gear - will post shortly in the classifieds. :)

  9. Hi,

     

    My name is Craig. I have been enjoying snapping away with a good quality Nikon AW 130 compact camera. Had great fun and got some good shots considering the limited ability of both the camera and the person holding it!

     

    I have just invested in the Olympus OM D E M1 MII and am eagerly awaiting the delivery of a Nauticam housing and Inon Z240 stobe. I hope to get in the ater for the first time mid February.

     

    I came across Wetpixel by complete accident but in the few minutes I have had to click around it is obvious that this forum is the font of knowledge. I look forward to spending some time reading through the posts,

     

     

  10. Hi everyone my name is Nicholas Ta, I am a diver from Monterey california, looking forward to seeing what everyone posts on here.

  11. Hi, Im Rodrigo P. from Mexico. Just recently got certified as Advanced Open Water and specialties in Underwater Photo, Full Face Mask and Nitrox. I am a very big fan of photography so it was a great way to combine diving and photo.

     

    I purchased a "beginners kit" for UW photo: Sony RX100 V, Sony Underwater casing and Sea & Sea YS03 Strobe. Unfortunately, due to my inexperience with the camera, on the first dive and after taking only around 7 pictures, I LOST my camera (brand new) at 30 feet depth. Don't ask me what happened but it seems I let go of the camera while checking my air and the hand strap wasn´t tight so I didn't feel it drift away.

     

    Anyways, after 1600 dlls. down the drain, I am now buying a new setup and will place a lanyard on the camera and 3M visible reflective tape (in case it floats away again).

  12. Hi, Im Rodrigo P. from Mexico. Just recently got certified as Advanced Open Water and specialties in Underwater Photo, Full Face Mask and Nitrox. I am a very big fan of photography so it was a great way to combine diving and photo.

     

    I purchased a "beginners kit" for UW photo: Sony RX100 V, Sony Underwater casing and Sea & Sea YS03 Strobe. Unfortunately, due to my inexperience with the camera, on the first dive and after taking only around 7 pictures, I LOST my camera (brand new) at 30 feet depth. Don't ask me what happened but it seems I let go of the camera while checking my air and the hand strap wasn´t tight so I didn't feel it drift away.

     

    Anyways, after 1600 dlls. down the drain, I am now buying a new setup and will place a lanyard on the camera and 3M visible reflective tape (in case it floats away again).

     

    Welcome aboard, Rodrigo. What a horrible start to your underwater photography life! Really sorry to read about that. Good luck with Setup 2.0!

  13. Hi, Joe from down under signing on.

    Long time photographer, novice diver.

    Wanna get my gear wet and photograph some loggerheads in their aqueous environment. Love turtles!

     

    Preowned gear

    Sony a6000

    Kit lens (hate it)

    Samyang 12mm f/2 (great landscape and astro lens)

    Sigma 19mm f2.8 (ok lens)

    Sigma 30mm f2.8 (good normal lens, if you don't need bokeh)

     

    Looking forward to this.

  14. Hi Lawrence here from up in Calgary Canada.

     

    Looking forward to participating.

  15. Greetings all

  16. Hi guys, I'm Nik Fizri and I'm a fellow scuba diver as well as a PADI Instructor based in Perhentian Island, Malaysia. Before I joined scuba diving years ago, I worked as a photographer too and when I started diving, I really wanted to learn more about underwater photo and videography. So I really hope that I can learn more about underwater with you guys. Cheers :notworthy:

  17. Hi my name is Lizzy, I'm from Batley, West Yorkshire, UK.

     

    I've been diving for about 8 years but have really taken to UWP, I've recently uograded from my simple little Fuji to a second-hand Olympis Pen EPL3.

     

    I mainly dive in the UK, in quarries, Scotland and the west and south western coats.

     

    I've been using a simple setup for quite a while and now I've advanced onto a better camera.

     

    Looking forward to sharing and receiving lots of useful advice from around the globe

    Xx

  18. Hi Morten here :-)

     

    I have been a member since 2011, but apparently I haven't made any new topic before - lazy that is :-) Now I will make a new topic, selling some used UW-photo equipment, so I need to make a short reply here.

     

    Anyway - just upgraded from D300 to D500, and looking forward to photograph whales and other bigger things :-). Living in Denmark I think I will start with some ghost-shrimps :)

     

    All the best to Wetpixel and it's members!

     

    BR Morten

    Edited by Morten Beier
  19. Hi all,

     

    My name is Thomas and I'm from Denmark.

     

    I just switched from Canon G15 to Sony A6300, and my Symbiosis flashes is giving me a hard time.

     

    I hope to get some great info here, and also help out in any way I can :-)

     

    Best regards,

     

    Thomas

  20. My name is BJ Giorgio. I have been diving and photographing for years and am interested in selling

    my SeaCam Prelude housing for Nikon D7000. I have 3 ports for a 10, 20 and 60 mmlens

    plus a optical viewfinder. I have also 2 nikon bodies and 3 lens for the camera.

    Interested please contact bjlyra@hawaii.rr.com.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.