Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi, My name is Dion and I shoot mostly in freshwater. I'm from North Carolina and excited to be part of the Wetpixel community.

  2. Hello All,

    I'm new here but have been diving since 1989. I've just recently (in the last 5 years) become a bit obsessed with underwater photography. Obsession can be a good thing, right? Question: I am using only one strobe now and am thinking of adding another but wonder if it's worth the money. I only take 1-2 dive trips per year, Thanks!

  3. Hi Guys, This is Javier Bello, I work for the Raja Ampat Biodiversity Resort.

    I love diving and I am looking forward to contribute with great feedback.

     

    I'm passionate for diving and conservationist projects.

     

    Dive yoursefl.

    See you around

    Best

    Javier

  4. Greetings from Norway. PADI open water diver and photographer - but not done UW photography before professionally. Looking forward joining the community at Wetpixel :-)

  5. Hi all,

    Have been reading Wetpixel for several years but it is time to join up. Diving off and on for around 20 years (regularly for the last 10 years) and involved in UW photography for about 6 years. Website with a couple of friends at www.tethys-images.com

  6. Hi Everyone,

     

    I'm a "land" photographer hoping to make the jump into underwater after returning to diving after a long hiatus. I'm particularly interested in the Olympus mirrorless system. I've been reading the forums for a couple of months and have learned so much. I look forward to being a part of the Wetpixel community.

     

    Lisa in Washington DC

  7. Hi All, my name is Ruben, I am a new member, long time U/W photographer.

  8. Hello, I am a retired Instructor living on Saint Croix, in the U.S.Virgin Islands, Caribbean Sea. I have a bunch of old cameras and housings to sell, I hope someone will be happy to have them! I started diving in 1984, and mostly have dived here in the Caribbean, but I've been a couple of other places too, Thailand, Florida, a quarry in Virginia, one Kelp dive off California(too cold!) I will soon begin publishing Coloring Books for Grown Ups and Scuba Divers. Realistic drawings for you to enjoy coloring. I'll post about this someplace in Wetpixel. OK, enjoy what you can, when you can!

  9. Hello, my name is Bryan. Been into photography a long time, but never underwater. I live in South Florida now and got the itch a couple years ago, but the cost of the underwater gear didn't seem justifiable. My underwater fever has been getting a lot worse lately and I finally found an affordable used Ikelite setup for my Nikon D700 camera -- housing, extension, and 8" port, that I can use with my Sigma 24mm f1.4 ART or my Nikon 18-35mm f3.5-4.5G. (My main camera body is a D750 but just couldn't find an affordable housing for one at this time).

    Hoping to use this new setup on snorkel trips with friends, to expand my dog photography into the water, and to hopefully find some interesting over/under shots to take (like I wish I could have taken at Alligator Reef in Key Largo last month). Between local waters, the FL Keys, and the natural springs like Ginnie Springs all within a few hours drive there are a lot of easy options for me to incorporate this into my adventures.

    Don't have a Scuba cert. but maybe will progress to that sooner or later and get setup for a 105mm macro lens as well as some lighting.

     

    Excited to start the journey!

    Edited by BryanTroll
  10. Aloha, my name is Andre. I'm a part time instructor in Maui. Unfortunately I have hardly any time to use my underwater camera gear and am looking to sell it.

  11. Hi! My name is Den. I like to shoot underwater around the world :)

  12. New member here, but experienced diver (Advanced OW diver) and just trying to figure out the process on this site. Favorite dive spots are Fiji and French Polynesia. Also do UW photography and will probably post some equipment to sell in the Classifieds section.

  13. New member here. Just certified - looking forward to diving more.

  14. Jerry from Ohio. Certified 14 years ago. Started shooting video about 2 years ago.

  15. Aloha,

     

    I'm Derek. I'm introducing myself because the registration email told me to. I'm registering to try and sell my ikelite d90 housing, but I'll probably just wind up browsing the classifieds and buying more gear.

  16. Hello from BC! Been diving for over 20 years, taking pics for about a dozen and have just "upgraded" to Olympus EM-1 - steep learning curve compared to my old Canon G12

  17. Francisco from Azores mid Atlantic,

    Scuba diver from child like to make video-sub (Sony HD) and now underwater photo. Have an old D70 on a CD70 Sealux housing (Z240 + Sea&Sea YS50) and canon G11 on canon plexiglass housing (Ikelite A35). I have a lot to learn with you about photo-sub and hope you will help on that desire.

    Sincerely

    Francisco

  18. Hello everyone,

     

    I have been a diver, underwater photographer for 10 years.......used to work out in Indonesia, now London based. Looking to upgrade some equipment, sell my trusty Nauticam NA D7000V housing, and just keep my head in the game

     

    Thanks

     

    Gary

  19. Heya, In case you were wondering, I'm Giuliano. First of all I'd like to say that I found it disappointing that there was no flag available for Seychelles. I am sure many of you would agree that this is especially surprising for a underwater photography forum!

    In any case, I am new to underwater photography and not especially experienced in general photography, so I am hoping to be able to learn a lot from some of the more experienced members as well as contribute in any way I can.

  20. Hi,

    I am Josef from British Columbia, been diving since 1975, finally switching from Nikonos to digital, hope to pick up some missing pieces for my Canon S100. Glad to be on board.

    smokeyjoe47

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.