Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    Having browsed this website for a wile now, I thought it was about time I signed up. I'm a marine biologist and when not observing the underwater world I spend a fair part of my time taking pictures of it. I'm currently based out of Australia but spending a reasonable part of my time in Palau.

     

    Cheers,

    Sparky

  2. Hi everyone,

    I'm a newbie to underwater photography, having been diving for 8 years. Have just sold my gopro with the intention to move to a better system, however at the age of 21 my budget is limited - any help welcome.

    Cheers,

    Chris

  3. Good afternoon from the sunny UK!

     

    I have been diving for over 20 years and have been fortunate enough to have dived in some amazing places around the work. Unfortunately it might be time to hang up those fins and I may be selling all my underwater video equipment

  4. Hi All! I'm Sing Kwan from Malaysia (now living in Thailand). Interested in learning more about underwater photography here and maybe to buy some second hand gear in the classified sections.

  5. Hello,

     

    My name is Andrey. I love to dive and take underwater pictures. Going to the Bahamas next month and really excited about this trip!

     

     

  6. Hi, Greetings from Stuart Florida! My name is John and I just became aware of WetPixel. I am a marine cinematographer with 44 years underwater. My primary interests are conservation in marine and terrestrial areas that I frequent and filming unique animals and behavior underwater and topside. I look forward to connecting with some of you.

    Cheers!

    John

  7. Hi Everyone, I'm Art Koch - been doing this UW FOTO thing for awhile now... Trying to keep current and lost my past log in...

  8. Newbie Richard here. London based. Just been watching whale sharks with Dr Simon Pierce and AquaFirma in Mexico and managed one or two half-decent photographs. Realise how little I know and looking forward to learning from you all.

  9. Hi,

     

    I am Conny and just starting to look into underwater photography whilst I am travelling Indonesia during the past 4 months.

     

    Cheers,

    Conny

  10. Hi, I'm Nareg and I currently live and work in Hong Kong and enjoy diving all over Southeast Asia and underwater photography.

    Edited by SEADiver2016
  11. Hi,

     

    I have been practicing photography and videography professionally for the last 7 years. I recently tried diving and one of the instructors had a camera with him. This opened my eyes to the possibilities of underwater videography and photography. One look at that footage and I was hooked. I look forward to learning more about underwater shooting and interacting with the community

     

    -Dorian

  12. Hello!

     

    I'm Rick from Minneapolis, MN. I'm an avid diver, but also a bit of a baby, so I only really like to dive in warm water. This keeps me dry unless I'm traveling, because Minnesota is about as far from an ocean as you can get in the US. I've been diving for over 30 years, and have been to Cozumel, Roatan, Belize, Raja Ampat, Lembeh, Hawaii, the Florida Keys, Playa Del Carmen, Fiji, Thailand, and Sri Lanka on wonderful dive trips. My wife and I are heading to Bonaire next week and I'm excited to try my new 5d MkIII in its Nauticam housing with Inon Z-240s. Glad to be here!

     

    Thanks

    Edited by rwillba
  13. Hey, from palm beach fl

    Hey, from palm beach fl

  14. Hi, from Victoria, Australia.

  15. Hello everybody, thanks for letting me into the forum. I am a joung uw and above water photograph with my 18 years. I own a e-pl3 camera and since a year i use a dome. I stil have a lot to lern and hope this forum can help me with that.

  16. Hello Everyone, My name is Paul, I am new on here

  17. Hi

    I dive in the UK and want to message a now fellow member about an item for sale,to up grade my setup.

  18. Hi from New Zealand. I have a few questions to put to the members here, and I'll be keeping an eye on the Classifieds section for any bargain buys. :-)

  19. Aloha! Just joined & am hoping to see if anyone has any particular recommendations for any different settings for an OMD-EM5 in a Nauticam housing when using a Magic filter instead of strobes (have been using the settings recommended by Coroander and Dr Alex Mustard but they don't address whether any changes should be made if using a Magic Filter & ambient light). Many mahalos!

  20. Aloha everyone! I'm a landscape photographer based in Maui and just getting into some underwater photography now.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.