Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi Im Sue and Im a SSI OW instructor who has been diving for about 4 years. I love underwater photography and video - both taking my own and viewing others and travel for diving as much as possible :) Hoping to glean lots of information reading through these forums :notworthy:

  2. Hi im Jason and im mostly interested in fine art / beauty underwater photography

  3. Hello everyone, I'm based in the PNW and am just getting started in underwater photography. So far for underwater I only have a TG-4, but for above water I have a 5D3 and 1Dx2. I'm looking forward to slowly getting more involved in underwater photography.

  4. Hello everyone, greetings from Brazil!! :swimmingfish:

  5. Hello, I'm liloulivi from France. I live in Asia and took up diving 3 years ago. I've finally invested in an underwater camera & housing and looking for advice for upgrades. I'll be glad to share my travel tips on the Asian locations I've dived !

  6. Hi,

     

    I'm Giulia and just upgraded to a dSLR housing with storbe! Exciting times ahead!

     

    Happy snapping & safe diving!

  7. Hi from a new member in Baltimore, Maryland. I'm about to list for sale my Fantasea underwater housing for a Sony RX100 3 or 4. Excellent condition. Used for 3 dives. I'm upgrading to a nauticam. Please contact me if interested.

  8. Hello from NYC!

  9. Hi,

     

    I am Max, I love go free-diving and diving. I adore taking picture and video of this world.

     

    I am now struggling because I would like to buy an underwater camera and housing.

    I am looking toward mirrorless because I will use it also while free-diving, therefore to put an housing on my canon 70D will make everything difficult in this situation, it will not be really easy to use with just one hand.

     

    I am really interested in sony a6000 or a6300 , their specs are great and moreover I can use my canon objective.

    But Olympus too are great, and the OMD 5 mark ii is really attractive.

     

    I can't decide and I will need help based on your experience! video is important as much as image quality as well !!!

     

    Also, any suggestion where to find second hand system? mostly for the housing?

     

    Thank you very much in advance.

    Max

  10. Hi Im John, currently living in NYC! Joined to try to sell a housing as I am changing up some of my equipment! Excited to join the community!

  11. Hi all - Steve from Vancouver, BC. Long time member that forgot my username/pw. Re-signed up to sell an item, but have been reading daily for years!

  12. Great pic!

  13. Hello pwt580 (Peter) here and glad to join the site! Been diving for over 20 years and enjoy shooting underwater for fun!

  14. Hi! I'm Isay, a 27 year old lover of the sea. Let's keep swimming.

  15. Hi I'm Kyle marine biology student and really hope to get into underwater photography !

  16. Hi! I'm Matt from the US. I'm relatively new to UW photography but have been diving over 15 years. I really enjoy the hobby and look forward to learning more!

  17. Hi, I am a Norwegian diver that like to travel around the world to see new places. I like to make videos and take pictures.

  18. Hi - I'm Thomas Simons - Have been diving for about 20 years and am an enthusiastic photographer, both above and below the surface of the oceans of this world. Looking forward to exchanging with everyone on this forum.

  19. Hi I am just starting to use a digital camera (Nikon d200 ) have used a nikonos 111 for 17 years . yea it is time to upgrade . lol I found a sea and sea housing on eBay and can't wait to get in the water . Wish me good luck .

  20. Hi--Paul Hamilton here. I represent The Biodiversity Group (www.biodiversitygroup.org). You can see some of our work (mostly above water) at www.biodiversityphotography.org.

     

    I shoot Sony a7r in Nauticam housing.

     

    I will be posting some items for sale periodically.

     

    100% OF ANYTHING I SELL HERE GOES TO OUR CHARITY!

    Edited by thebiodiversitygroup

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.