Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi, just joined after reading this forums for quite a few years and getting lots of good advice.

     

    Started out with an ixus in a Canon housing that was a great camera for me at the time. Trips to Egypt, Tenerife and Mexico where after much practice got some nice shots, but felt the need to upgrade.

     

    Then upgraded to a canon S95 with an Ikelite housing amd added ULCS hardware and a Inon S2000 strobe. Hate the Ikelite housing, back door came away from the frame and controls not great, will never buy another. Had a great time on my last trip to the Philippines muck diving and learnt loads by using manual settings and ended up with some of my best pictures ever. Did I mention I hate the Ikelite housing?

     

    Anyway my next holiday is booked to Indonesia and looking to upgrade to a Canon G7 and add another Inon S2000, will give S95 to my other half but buy a Canon housing for it.

     

    Currently on holiday in Orlando for a week and wondering if it would be cheaper to buy here rather than back in the UK?

     

    So any recommendations of stores I can visit?

     

    UK price for Canon G7 and Nauticam housing is £1350 which is about $1900.

     

    Cheers

     

    Nick

     

     

     

     

    Hey Nick.

     

    Give Reef Photo a call in Fort Lauderdale. It's a long way to visit but that are terrific people and very helpful. 877.453.8927

  2. Hi,

     

    I am Adam from Florida, USA. I have been shooting underwater photos for the last two years or so.

  3. Hi, I'm Loren. I have been diving since 1969. I dive mostly in the Caribbean.

  4. Hi Im jim, i learnt to dive a while back, uoto a rescue diver during a conservation type expedition, where we learnt about corals, habitats, fish species, it was a real eye opener and would recommend it as a way to learn to dive, Iwas always a bit of a photographer before then, but after jumping into the blue i always wanted to get some sort of kit together.

     

    though i have gone through a few digital cameras, but now im fully into film again and its so nice! though i miss the shots i can take!

     

    ive just come here to get some advice really about a few specific things, i cant see myself ever being able to afford the equipment i like AND travel abroad to go diving, but maybe ill find a compromise.

     

     

     

     

  5. Hi,

     

    I'm Sheelagh from Holmfirth, UK.

     

    A diver for just 7 years, been using a Canon 40D/Ikelite housing until recently.

    Now getting to grips with my 5D mk III that I have had for a while but now in a Nauticam housing underwater too!

     

    Looking for tips and advice before a big trip in 2017.

     

  6. Hello everyone. Just registered here, but been a member at Scubaboard as well for some time.

  7. Hello my name is Walter i live on Maldives !

    and i'm so happy to share my experiences here.

    Cheers!

  8. Hi, I'm Leena, been diving for 20 + yrs and just started uw photography

  9. Hello. My name is Adrian. Looking to learn as much as possible on this forum!

  10. Hello my name is Dale kobetich...i free dive and tinker with DIY water housings....thought id jump in and introduce myself

     

  11. Hi everyone, I'm Tom. Was once a very active diver in California. I'm now in Seattle and am getting back in the water after a 13-year hiatus. It's been too long.

  12. Hi, I'm Lae

    I'm photographer in south west of France.

    I get a rescue diver level and I wish to become an underwater photographer

  13. Hi,

    My name is Matt, I am a Bahamian videographer and diver. Currently relocated to stateside and residing in Wilmington, NC. Been an occasional reader of this site for a while (lurker I guess) and love learning more about shooting underwater.

  14. Jim here from San Diego. My password got messed up so I'm trying a new one. Anyone been to "Alami Alor", a new dive resort in Alor?

    Thanks.

  15. Hi, greetings from Mayotte....I have been using my Nikon D300 under water for 2 years now and got already lots of useful information on the wetpixel forum.

  16. Hi!

    Cheryl from SW Florida. I've been certified since 1969, diving regularly since 2004, avid underwater and land (birds and wildlife) photographer. Eager to learn from others and share my experiences and photos!

  17. Hello.
    I'm Hitham from Libya.. i've beed underwater photographer for a year and doing freediving mostly.. looking to learn new techniques especially using strobes..

  18. Hi I'am Christoph from Austria,

     

    just joined as a newbie to UW Photgraphy, but a vivid and curious diver always looking for new adventures and challenges.

    Looking forward to learning better techniques and about equiptment.

     

     

  19. Hi

    I am French and diving since 1986 and taking underwater picture since 1991. I dive most of the time in caves for photographying

  20. Good evening all,

    Matt here, hailing from Cardiff, Wales but currently living on Grand Cayman.

    Been shooting MFT for few years now, love it. Just about to start plunging more cash into this love and seeing where it goes...

    Been using Wetpixel for a number of years as a reference and just reading post. Now its time to step up to the plate and post for myself.

    Not all those who wander are lost

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.