Hello, my name is Michael, I have a lot to learn about underwater photography. Have been browsing through all the great info shared on this forum - what a great resource, thank you!
- 3711Posts
- 3711Replies
Read-only discussion
Member Introductions
-
-
Hi guys,
I am Matt from the UK. Looking to setup a GH4 video rig with all of your help!
Cheers!
-
Thanks Adam
-
Hi Guys I am Mike and I am into underwater photography and here to learn and stay up with new products and etc..
-
Hiya all,
Been diving for 9 years, started underwater photography with a DX-1G 18 months later and have been diving it ever since. Finally decided to make the jump to a housed SLR system.
John
-
Hiya all,
Been diving for 9 years, started underwater photography with a DX-1G 18 months later and have been diving it ever since. Finally decided to make the jump to a housed SLR system.
John
Welcome to financial ruin, John...... you're in good company here

-
Hi I joined this forum to learn more of underwater photography. Currently I use a D610 for wedding photography and have a big interest in photographing some cool stuff on our Belize adventure this summer.
Thanks, Rhonda Turner
-
Hi all greetings from sunny Miami my name is Christopher Andrew Tavera. I have been an avid free diver and spear fisherman my whole life taking my dives past 120ft and hunting in 100ft on one breath. last year I finally made the decision to get behind the camera to start showcasing the things we come across on our fishing trips. I bought my self a 5D mkIII and paired it with the nauticam housing and canon 8-15mm fish eye. What brings me to wetpixel is the fact that I can nerd out with a like minded community and get lost in the worm hole of information, needless to say I'm hooked on the camera. I look forward to interacting with the community and the insight others my have on capturing the underwater world, If you're interested in seeing my photos and videos check out my instagram @miamiskindiver

-
Hi, I am Martin Kostic. Shooting underwater for fun and sheer joy of sharing. Looking for value added information.
-
Hey everyone! :-)

Sending greetings from Phuket, Thailand, where I am now engaging in the underwater phase of learning to take pictures. Looking forward to being able to add to this. :-)
As a starter, here's a Siren, asleep:
-
Hi everyone, just joined wetpixel and want to learn more about underwater photography.
-
Hi, I'm a UK diver looking to sell my Hugyfot housing for Canon EOS 5d mk iii
-
Hello: Dan here. Just signing in to Wetpixel for some interesting content reading.
I am into the underwater world for 42 years now in 2016. I've done some commercial diving when I was younger, reintroduced to sport diving in the late 80's, have done quite a bit of shipwreck diving in the Great Lakes and produced several videos about them. Then I had another lapse but I'm jumping back in again.
-
Hi,
I'm Mark. I'm a PADI trained diver to Rescue qualification. I'm eager to start working on my underwater photography skills as the focus of my diving going forward. I'm a reasonable (hobbyist) surface photographer, but it's clear there's a lot to learn moving things under the surface (as my crappy efforts to date will demonstrate!) so I thought I'd sign up here to plunder some of the collective knowledge!
-
Hi,
Graham here. I'm here to get some advice about my next camera purchase!
-
Hello,
I am Ben. I live in Iowa, so I don't dive very often. Maybe one trip a year. I have been using an Olympus Stylus 500 for 10 years. I have a trip to Turks & Caicos coming up, and I decided it's time to upgrade my photography equipment.
-
Hi. Jenny from NYC. Selling my Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100M2 Camera and Ikelite Underwater Housing.
-
Hello, joined this forum trying to get some help on upgrading to a new camera system.
-
Gday
Im Steve from Australia, and been diving a couple of years. I just brought a Go Pro Hero 4 silver and looking forward to advice etc
-
Hi, just joined after reading this forums for quite a few years and getting lots of good advice.
Started out with an ixus in a Canon housing that was a great camera for me at the time. Trips to Egypt, Tenerife and Mexico where after much practice got some nice shots, but felt the need to upgrade.
Then upgraded to a canon S95 with an Ikelite housing amd added ULCS hardware and a Inon S2000 strobe. Hate the Ikelite housing, back door came away from the frame and controls not great, will never buy another. Had a great time on my last trip to the Philippines muck diving and learnt loads by using manual settings and ended up with some of my best pictures ever. Did I mention I hate the Ikelite housing?
Anyway my next holiday is booked to Indonesia and looking to upgrade to a Canon G7 and add another Inon S2000, will give S95 to my other half but buy a Canon housing for it.
Currently on holiday in Orlando for a week and wondering if it would be cheaper to buy here rather than back in the UK?
So any recommendations of stores I can visit?
UK price for Canon G7 and Nauticam housing is £1350 which is about $1900.
Cheers
Nick