Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hello, new to underwater photography. Just picked up a Sony RX11II and will get to use it for the first time on a cruise in February. Can't wait!

  2. Hello everyone,
    I'm German and I live in Switzerland enjoying the nice lakes and rivers. Diving since 1989, underwaterphotographing since 2001, using a Canon 5D MIII in Seacam-Housing.
    Wish you a good start in 2016! Nice pics and save dives!

  3. Hi folks,

     

    I am from Germany and dive since 2008. I started to take pictures quite early on to take my experience back to dry land :)

    I am mainly using an older Olympus XZ2 and a PL5 (replacing an even older PL3) for underwater photography. I do this for the fun of it and to impress my nephews :banana:

     

    I have been reading the forum for a while and found it quite informational.

  4. Another newbie, from belgium and diving since 2006 if I remember correct.

     

    I've started UW photograpy around 2008 but honestly never really picked it up (without a strobe, making pictures in the Netherlands where i usually dive is often very dissappointing). I have a Canon G9 with Canon UW housing. I bumped into this forum in my quest for an "upgrade" (whatever it will be) and found so much information that I wished I didn't come here :) No, seriously, there is so much I can learn still, that I want to stick around here. And maybe one day I can help someone else...

    Edited by nokie
  5. Hi , Am Neil, am based out of Manila in the philippines and am a macro lover ....

  6. Hi,

     

    I think I'm the only member coming from quite a fabulous diving location. I live on the island of Malta and there's quite a handful of enthusiasts here. I find most of your advices just awesome and I wish to contribute as much as I can.

     

    Regards...

  7. Hi,

     

    I'm newbie here at Wetpixel.

     

    Kind regards from Belgium

  8. Hi

    I'm Simon from the UK. I'm off to Reethi Beach in the Maldives in a few weeks, I don't dive but do snorkel. I have a Sony RX100 mark 3 and a Ikelite case, would I benefit from using a flash such as the Ikelite AF35 or similar ?

    Cheers

  9. Hi,

     

    I think I'm the only member coming from quite a fabulous diving location. I live on the island of Malta and there's quite a handful of enthusiasts here. I find most of your advices just awesome and I wish to contribute as much as I can.

     

    Regards...

    I am off to Malta for a months diving in September, really looking forward to it. Looks a fantastic place.

     

    Can't wait to photograph some of the wrecks. Would be great to see any shots you have taken

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. Hi there,

     

    My name is Stefan, and I look forward to using this site more going forward.

     

    Cheers!

  11. Hi everyone. My name is Chris Wales from the UK. Just checking in with a view to advertising all of my camera equipment for sale. Sadly, no longer diving :-(

  12. Hi there,

     

    I'm new to this forum.

     

    Cheers,

     

    Neil from Brisbane, Australia.

  13. Hello all,

     

    My name is Aaron. I'm a commercial photographer in the Kansas City, Missouri, USA area who has been working professionally for 11 years. I started shooting underwater pretty much immediately when I got my certification back in 2000. It was film then with no strobe. Then I got a cheap strobe that didn't last. Next I upgraded to digital Canon A80 with Canon housing no strobe. I finally upgraded to a Canon G12 with an Ikelite housing. Great camera and housing. Recently I purchased two old ikelite strobes that I am hoping to try out on an upcoming trip.

     

    I love underwater photography because as an educated Commercial photographer, it is the closest thing I have found to be back to the basics of photography and learning. It is a whole new world. And it is a beautiful world I enjoy trying to capture and share. I have gotten what I would consider some amazing photos from my trips and trials of underwater photo, but I want to take it to the next level. I'm one day hoping for a housing for my 5d mk3, but am considering mirrorless too as to keep things more compact. I really need some help with some trouble I am having with my strobe not firing.

  14. Hello!

    Im new to this forum! Im from Greece.

  15. Hello Wetpixel community! My name is Joe, I'm from Vancouver, BC, & I currently live in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca in Costa Rica's beautiful southern Caribbean.

     

    I wish I was opening a new account to be an active contributor to the site; however, I have joined in hopes that someone is looking for a very specific underwater set-up that I, unfortunately, must sell. If anyone is looking to take their Oly EM1 underwater, please get in touch :) I'll be posting a more detailed ad in the appropriate forums.

     

    All the best!

     

  16. Hi all,

     

    Have been reading posts here for awhile, and am now in need of some help with critter identification.

  17. Greetings,

     

    This is an initial post to activate account.

     

     

  18. Hi I'm Laura. I'm currently living in Southern California but I love to travel (and dive of course). Although I am fairly new to diving, I have always loved the ocean. Combining my love of the ocean, with my photography background has been my main joy the past few years.

  19. hi,

    i am in south australia. love to chat and learn new things from everyone.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.