Hi, new member.
I'm Jake, and a freediver from Palm Beach, Florida.
I shoot with a Sony a6000 with the kit lens (for now) and an 8 inch dome.
- 3711Posts
- 3711Replies
Read-only discussion
Member Introductions
-
-
Hi all,
I have been diving since 2007, and have been seriously interested in underwater photography since about 2011. You can check out my work at http://kylelucy.com.
Thanks,
Kyle
-
Hi my name is Matt I'm originally a surf photographer trying to get into underwater photography and looking forward to posting and sharing work and gathering more knowledge! Cheers
-
Hi All,
I'm Ellen from bay area California and am looking to sell my Nauticam housing for Nikon D810, including dome ports, viewfinder, vacuum pump, strobes...
Rig was purchased october 2014 and has been on only two dive trips. Its in like-new condition and worked great, beautiful and best shots to date, just getting tired of large rig and want to dive camera free after 20 years of underwater photographing or at least switch to a compact rig for a while. I usually dive one or two trips per year with the last ones being Raja Ampat Indo and Coron Philippines
-
Hello,
New member who can't sleep well. Have been shooting with a TG-3 for a couple years, looking to upgrade soon!
-
New member from Orlando, Florida. I frequently drift dive off southeast Florida and am increasingly interested in underwater videography. Currently using two GoPro 4 Black cameras on a rack with 2x Sola 2500 Video lights, I'm looking to build a proper video rig based on a Panasonic GH4 (currently own body with 12-35mm/2.8 and Olympus 8mm/1.8).
-
Hi there!
I just joined the wetpixel-community and I'm looking forward to learn some tricks about underwater photography.
Cheers
diveand
-
Hi
I'm Steve from Sacramento, California. I've been diving for about 11 years and became interested in underwater photography in the last 4 years.
I'm new here at wetpixel but look forward to gaining some valuable knowledge and possible making some new friends.
Cheers!
-
I'm Paul. My wife and I have been diving and photographing underwater for about thirty years.
I have a bunch of camera gear and I'm probably buying more soon. I also have a pile of stuff in the basement that I don't use any more, maybe I'll get ambitious and try to sell some of it.
-
Derek Rushton from Vancouver Island, BC, Canada. Have too many cameras and housings and hoping to find them new homes here.
SeaCam Silver D4/D4S Housing
Anthis Nexus Olympus E3 Housing
Nauticam Housing for Panasonic GH3 (comprehensive GH3 kit with several lenses available as well. Barely used!)
Also have a couple Sony A7 bodies with a selection of lenses to sell.
-
Hello wetpixel forum!
I'm a new diver and also new to underwater photography. Looking forward to learning and honing my skills!
-
Hi, my name is Matias Alexandro.
Underwater photographery it's been my hobbie for a long time, and now I think it's a good time to start it as my business.
I shoot with nikon D800, and mostly with natural light.
-
Hello!!
My name is Helene, I am French and I have been living in Hong Kong for the past 2.5 years. I spend all my holidays diving around Asia in amazing dive sites.
I recently started to take underwater photography more seriously following an amazing diving holidays in Sulawesi (Indonesia) which was fantastic for macro photography. I am still a beginner but I truly enjoy it and I hope I can learn lots of tricks from experienced photographers in this community.
I have a Canon G16, a Nauticam housing and I recently acquired a Nauticam CMC-1 and a single Inon Z240 strobe.
I posted a few of my pictures on a blog I recently created: http://heleneuw.blogspot.com
Feel free to check them out and share your opinion!
Many thanks!
Helene
-
HI I am Debra, been diving 30 years, use to do video with my Light & Motion housing but now just GoPro. would like to sell my Light & Motion housing.
-
Hi Folks,
I live in NY and I have been diving for a few months (~ 50 dives) and photographing on the land for a long while; I am think I am finally at the stage where I'd like to investigate pictures underwater!
-
Hi, I'm Charlie Coulter living in western Virginia. I've been diving on and off since 1973 but have been getting back into it much more in the last 5 years. Used a Nikonos a couple of times back in the 80's but never really mastered it. Recently decided to try and get serious about U/W photography as a hobby. Just returned from Bonaire but was there for som speciality classes so I was only able to make one photo dive. Still trying to get familiar with operating camera via housing controls. Anyway, I came across Wetpixel and thought it would be a great source of info. I look forward to participating soon.
Thanks, Charlie
-
Hello Wetpixel,
I'm James, a diver from southern california. I don't do a lot of underwater photography, but I do enjoy designing and building UW gear. You can see some pictures with my homemade Lytro housing here: http://pictures.lytro.com/jsarrett
-James
-
Hello everybody,
my name is Frederic Caron from Canada and I'm relatively new to underwater photography. I've a lot to learn from you guys, and your help is greatly appreaciated in advance !
I've recently purchased some entry level equipment such as an Meikon housing for my Sony a7s. I made a snorkeling trip in Caraçao last month to experiment and you can see my very first pictures in this video :
I'm looking to upgrade my equipment in order to have an housing with better optics ( I'm looking for a Nauticam housing and I should upgrade this year ).
Regards,
Frederic
-
Hello,
New to this forum, been over at sb for years... Looking for a place to talk about uw photography, as sb seems rather dead compared to wp.
-
Hello everybody,
My name is Joao Martins from Portugal, i am relatively new in underwater photography for about a year now, i have been so lucky to know wetpixel members that have been not only great friends but also great teachers giving me the best tips and knowledge, the wetpixel page as been a great help teaching me already a lot trough the tips and several articles, i am a big fan of the community and the page and hope to be part of it more and more!!!
Regards,
Joao