Hello from Kentucky. I am looking to see my entire GoPro set up minus the camera I flooded my camera so I'm looking for something else a little bigger in the Olympus tough series. I just purchased the mini macro lens and never was able to use it. So all of that is brand new never used.
- 3711Posts
- 3711Replies
Read-only discussion
Member Introductions
-
-
Hello. I'm Hans from Germany.
I am using an Olympus E-PL5 with the PT-EP10-housing. I joind this forum to get some help and useful information.
-
my name is George , ive done about 150 dives, many with my underwater camera, Id like to sell some of my stuff now as I don't dive as often as I used to
-
Hey Lori Probst from Saint Louis Missouri. I am expanding my underwater gear and am looking for several items, gently used would be fantastic.
M. Zuiko 7-14mm F2.8 lens with Nauticam port and anything else I would need for that.
Also a strobe. Sea & Sea YS-D1. If 5 & 8 inch double ball mounted arms available and fiberoptic cable that's even better.
I'm checking the classifieds now .

-
Hi there
From the UK. Getting into underwater photography. Currently using an RX100 iii in a Fantasea housing.
-
Hello from sunny CA. My name is Vivek Khanzode (birdpixel) and I mostly photograph birds using dSLRs and I've done so for a few years.
I just found out about wetpixel and my reason to come here is to get some basic information about underwater photography as well as photography while snorkeling. I am taking a trip to the Galapagos and so would like to know a bit about photography when wet and I hope the seasoned folks here can help me. I also happen to have a Sony RX100-II which I gather is good for underwater photography.
Thank you in advance.
-
Hello everybody, I am a newbie to uw photo, I live in Florence (Italy) and dive almost every weekend at Elba island or Giannutri.
There is so much to learn and I really enjoy the time spend underwater taking shots.
Thanks for this forum, full of interesting posts.
Ciao, Flavio
-
New here too, trying to learn some I can start taking some good pics on my dives...
-
Gday everybody,
I dive rebreathers and with the longer bottom times I find myself having more time underwater to spend searching for that elusive perfect shot, however the cameras battery I am using at the moment does not last long enough for the dives that I am doing and I want to upgrade to a better rig.
Excellent forum with buckets of extremely useful information
Regards, Warren
-
Hello there~~Greeting from China~!My name is Silvia. Nice to be here~~~
-
Hi, My name is Khalifa, from Bahrain i am a diver since 2008 but I discover the beauty of underwater photography world on 2014. I have an Nikon D610 with a Sea&Sea MDX-D600 housing with 2 Sea&Sea strobes YS-D1. I have an account with "Instagram, Flickr and 500px by "khalifa58".
Thank you.
-
Greetings from Southern California. My name is Brook and I dive with a Nikon D810 in Sea&Sea Housing with a variety of accessories and usually YS-D1 or YS-D2 strobes. Happy to be here.
-
Hi all New member here from NZ, loving the classifieds for bargains and the hot tips!!!
-
Hi, My name is Marty, and getting back into underwater photography after 26 years and the older equipment. Things have changed a bit since my old Nikonos.

-
Hi,
I am Angelo and look forward to learning more about underwater photography.
-
This is TC from Columbus OH, USA. Been diving for 4 years, but only got into underwater photography seriously about 1-2 years ago. Recently upgraded my gear to entry level DSLR. Hope to get more experience with photography skills, and learn from other UW photographers. Thanks!
-
Hi,
my name is Vaclav Krpelik and I am experienced UW and landscape photographer from the Czech Republic.
I started with compact cameras in 2007 and moved to DSLR in 2010.
I am freediver, so all my UW images are captured on a single breath (no scuba gear used).
These days I organise photography workshops and expeditions for public, cooperate with some diving magazines and freediving champions, plus publish articles about photography on some Czech photography web sites.
Many thanks for acceptance.
Vaclav
www.vaclavkrpelik.com
-
Upping my game from a rebel xsi to 7dm2. I dont think i am that good but of course everyone tells me to enter contests. Looking foreward to learning as much as i can here
-
Hello
Great site, and obviously a great community. I've enjoyed and learned from many articles/posts. I love diving, and photography. I'm learning to be a better diver, and just suck at photography--but I really love it, and dream that I could be good at it someday. Who knows. But I'll keep at it! Anyway, for the comedic break of the day...I tried an experiment, to definitively conclude whether I actually sucked at Photography, and specifically underwater photography, or whether it was "just my equipment". (See, you're picking up on the comedy now...) I mean, inside, I knew the real answer, but I'm also unwilling to admit defeat
I had a really nice moderate to high end, (but mirrorless) underwater setup, but I just wasn't getting the images that I wanted. You know, the sharp focus, the incredible colors, the lighting, the beautiful images like you see in all the diving magazines. (more laughter...) So I decided it Might be the equipment. Yes, that what it was. So I would give myself No excuse. I would read every equipment spec from my favorite dive photographers, and every tip, every book, every article on technique, and settings. And having limited time, I thought perhaps, I could "cheat" the usual evolutionary order of things, and jump ahead in image awesomeness. (Humor is important...) So I got, what I determined (for me), to be the penultimate system.
Nowhere to hide now! And I set up an awesome trip to take it on--honeymoon in Fiji. Had a blast. But, surprisingly, (as some of you may have guessed) my images still sucked? This was disturbing, because now, there was little (read no) question it was me, not my equipment! (Omg)
A normal person, might be deterred at this point, but thankfuly I don't suffer from that flavor of common sense, and am determined that Someday, I Will get those shots. It is however clear to me, now, that it's going to be about experience and time in the water, and mentoring, (shocking I know). I still love it. And what I'm trying to say, is hats off to all of you, as I continue to gain a deeper appreciation for the talent and abilities you have developed. And I hope to learn from this unique community.
I'm going back to my nice, (but slightly less awesome) system, and concentrate on the fundamentals--(with a side benefit being I can take my camera ought with me on my kayak without sinking it
. I've met some great people diving & shooting, and hope we get a chance to meet someday on a beautiful drift dive or reef far away!Cheers
-
Hello
Great site, and obviously a great community. I've enjoyed and learned from many articles/posts. I love diving, and photography. I'm learning to be a better diver, and just suck at photography--but I really love it, and dream that I could be good at it someday. Who knows. But I'll keep at it!
Anyway, for the comedic break of the day...I tried an experiment, to definitively conclude whether I actually sucked at Photography, and specifically underwater photography, or whether it was "just my equipment". (See, you're picking up on the comedy now...) I mean, inside, I knew the real answer, but I'm also unwilling to admit defeat.
I had a really nice moderate to high end, (but mirrorless) underwater setup, but I just wasn't getting the images that I wanted. You know, sharp focus, the incredible colors, the lighting, the beautiful images like you see in all the diving magazines. (more laughter...) So I decided it Might be the equipment. Yes, that's what it was.
So I would give myself No excuse. I would read every equipment spec from my favorite dive photographers, and every tip, every book, every article on technique, and settings. And having limited time, I thought perhaps, I could "cheat" the usual evolutionary order of things, and jump ahead in image awesomeness. (Humor is important...) So I got, what I determined (for me), to be the penultimate system. Nowhere to hide now! And I set up an awesome trip to take it on--honeymoon in Fiji. Had a blast.
But, surprisingly, (as some of you may have guessed) my images still sucked? This was disturbing, because now, there was little (read no) question it was me, not my equipment! (Omg) A normal person, might be deterred at this point, but thankfully I don't suffer from that flavor of common sense, and am determined that Someday, I Will get those shots.
It is however clear to me, now, that it's going to be about experience and time in the water, and mentoring, (shocking I know). I still love it. And what I'm trying to say, is hats off to all of you, as I continue to gain a deeper appreciation for the talent and abilities you have developed. And I hope to learn from this unique community.
I'm going back to my nice, (but slightly less awesome) system, and concentrate on the fundamentals--(with a side benefit being I can take my camera out with me on my kayak without sinking it.
I've met some great people diving & shooting, and hope we get a chance to meet someday on a beautiful drift dive or reef far away!
Cheers