Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi

     

    This is George Karbus

     

    I'm professional photographer based on west coast of Ireland

  2. Hey All....

     

    My name is Shannon. I have been diving for about 3 years and for all this time I have been using my GoPro for videos... however, I have owned a Canon SX10 for many years and I love the pictures it produces. I haven't really used it for a long time because it is bulky, but I'd love to start taking it diving with me. The only problem is that I can't find a housing for it. I have been looking for years but still haven't been able to find one. It seems that either no one bought one, or they're so good that no one want to part ways with.... If anyone has any insite, I'd like to know. I look forward to hearing from anyone. I look forward to sharing some of the captures with you.

     

    Cheers,

     

    Shannon

  3. Hello,

     

    Beginner to underwater photography, glad to have found this forum!

     

    Cheers,

    Jakob

  4. Hi,

    I'm Warren from Syracuse NY. I've enjoyed taking photos for many years and am now following my wife's interest and moving to video.

  5. Thanks for the add

  6. Hello everyone! I am an experienced diver and freediver who is finally getting around to wanting to document these amazing experiences we all have underwater. Excited to join the community.

  7. Hey there everyone - love taking UW pics; have been taking a hiatus for the past few years but am back at it. cheers!

  8. I started diving in 1983 on the Red Sea coast of Saudi Arabia. The experience was life changing. Over the years I migrated form Nikonos V to Nikonos RS to ambient light video. With the introduction of MF digital backs, I am now exploring the best options for UW digital photography and videography.

     

    My base is Laguna Beach, CA but spend most of my time in St Kitts, West Indies.

     

    Cheers,

     

    Gary Rogers

  9. Hello all. I have been doing UW photography for a few years with an Oly C5060 in an Ikelite housing. I am looking to upgrade to an MFT rig and have joined Wetpixel to research my options. Looking forward to being part of the community!

    Thanks for letting me join.

    J

  10. Hi!

     

    My name is Lars and I am currently located in Fiji around Rainbow Reef. I have recently started with photography and hope to gain much knowledge from everyone here. Looking to upgrade from my RX100 set up to put my A6000 in a housing shortly.

     

    If anyone has any questions about diving around Fiji I am happy to help.

  11. Hi!

     

    I'm Micha from Germany (Stuttgart)! Starting diving in 1985 and first UW Video from 1988!

    Now i'm using a Canon G7x in a nauticam housing.

  12. Hey my name is Nikola. I am new on this forum and just started taking pix as well.

    Using the Canon 700d in an Ikelite housing.

  13. Hi Phil here from the middle of the country...NE.

  14. Hi Im chad. Mostly diving the cold waters of the great lakes but enjoy making it to the warmer climates as much as possible

  15. Hi,

     

    My name is Kris and I live in beautiful San Diego near La Jolla. I have been taking underwater photos since 2009 and am hooked! I will utilize this site to expand my knowledge of more advanced camera gear and to gain a deeper understanding of underwater photography.

  16. Hi guys, Matt here looking for a place to learn about underwater photography.

    Cheers,

  17. Hello all!

     

    I am Rita from Portugal, biologist and a diving instructor. I have a Nikon D80 and am looking for a housing and all the accessories for this camera... I am just starting in underwater photo so thought I would start with the D80 but open to suggestions :)

     

    Cheers

    Rita

  18. I am Amos Nachoum, owner and founder of BigAnimals Expeditions (www.biganimals.com). Glad to be part of the community.

    Edited by AmosBigAnimals
  19. Hi! I'm Hank. I reside in Maryland and Florida and have been diving for over 50 years. My prime interest is underwater photography.

  20. Hi everyone from the Philippines new to underwater photography and new to diving in general. :-)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.